Normal* (GiyuShino)

Dystopian AU

CEO!Giyu x secretary!Shinobu

In a world where the colors of eyes define your status, people with colored eyes are killed with their eyes carved out, a young woman finds a job at a company working for the CEO whose job is to find and kill those with colored eyes. 

---

"Shinobu! Run!" Kanae screamed as the armed men burst into the apartment, barely making a sound despite the shouts that set off the alarms. Grabbing her younger sister's hand, Shinobu darted away, pulling up the window and cautiously looking down. Worriedly, Kanao peered down at the ledge that they would eventually have to inch off of. 

"Nee-san, why are we running?" Kanao asked, looking up at her older sister, eyes lit aglow with purple. Kanao herself would be safe, her eyes being brown and normal. 

Why couldn't she be normal?

"You must stay here. The authorities will take care of you. I have to go, Kanao." she whispered, kissing her sister's forehead as Kanae's shouts suddenly went silent. She choked back her tears and tucked a stray strand of Kanao's hair behind her ear. 

"Goodbye. I'll be back soon." 

She jumped out the window, spreading her arms as she braced herself for the impact. There was a hard thud as men and women gathered around her and carried her off the dumpster, pulling her deep into the storm cellar, while one closed the door harshly before setting the dumpster on fire with a bang. 

---

"Miss Shinobu, I'd really appreciate if you could pay attention to your duties." the CEO demanded harshly. 

"I apologize, Mr. Tomioka." she bowed, gathering her things and pushing them further into her bag, Mitsuri bounding in hops behind her, walking farther away from the office of the most feared man alive. 

Unfortunately, he also happened to be the richest.

"What are you doing?" Shinobu asked, pulling her things out and setting them on her desk. The brunette was frowning severely, tutting gently as she straightened a loose file. She flipped one of her chocolate brown braids over her shoulder as she looked down at the shorter woman. 

"You can't make Mr. Tomioka mad!" she warned fearfully, brown eyes darting back towards the transparent office of the CEO. 

"Well, I made him frustrated. It's not like I can do anything that will make him less angry." 

"I'm afraid not." Mitsuri straightened, sighing as she looked back at her neighbor. Shinobu looked up. 

"Is there something you wanted?" 

"The floor will be getting drinks today at the bar in the hotel," she sighed, rubbing her temples, "see you there?" 

"Sure." she waved her off, barely managing to look up and actually make eye contact for once. 

But if she did...

One of her contacts might come loose and she could be exposed for everything and anything that could come with the danger of impersonating a secretary.