Ch 11 - Missing

"That was one of the toughest battles that we've had in months," Ladybug said as she sat down on the edge of a Parisian roof.

"Hourglass will definitely be an akumatized villain to remember," said Viperion. "My second chance power was practically useless since Hourglass could just speed up the timeline. We would have been done for if Bunnix hadn't used the burrow to warn our past selves."

"Just another Wednesday afternoon in Paris." Bunnix rolled her eyes.

"It took us a ridiculously long time to find the akumatized object." Queenie grumbled as she stretched her arms. "The day that we finally kick the butterfly man's butt is going to be the happiest day of my life."

"Agreed," said Ryuko. "I look forward to the day that I may finally fight that coward face-to-face. Have you ever seen those entomological pinning display cases which showcase dried out insects and butterflies? A desire to make one featuring Hawk Moth. I'll use my old katana blades as the pins"

"Ryuko," said Ladybug, "we've already agreed to throw Hawk Moth in jail once we've captured him."

"But are we really certain about that decision?"

"Yeah, are we sure about that decision?" Queenie chimed in.

"Yes! Ryuko, promise me that you won't kill Hawk Moth and pin him to a butterfly board."

"Fine...I promise." Ryuko sat down on the roof beside Ladybug.

The five Parisian heroes looked down at the street below, watching the cars drive by and the people returning to what they were doing before Hourglass' attack.

"It's always so weird to see how quickly everyone goes back to their daily lives," said Queenie.

"It's not healthy," Viperion sighed. "No one wants to acknowledge what happened and deal with their emotions. Everyone's afraid. No one wants to admit that they're afraid."

"Afraid to fear." Ryuko nodded her head.

"They're scared of admitting their emotions and risk being akumatized themselves," said Bunnix. "Just like us."

"God, I'm tired of this." Queenie sat down on the edge of the roof, squeezing herself between Ladybug and Ryuko.

Ladybug wrapped an arm around Queenie to give her a hug. Ryuko rested her head against Queenie's shoulder. Viperion sat down next to Ryuko. Bunnix sat down next to Ladybug.

The five heroes of Paris watched the city in silence.

Ladybug couldn't help but feel frustrated about the past 3 years. They had done so much to protect Paris, but it was never enough.

But what more could she do?

She couldn't trust any of her old friends and classmates with a miraculous since they had believed Lila's lies. She had reached out to the Justice League and begged for their help, but Green Lantern had only laughed at her and told her that she would get in trouble if she kept prank calling superheroes. She had been betrayed by Chat Noir last year, giving her no choice but to take away his miraculous and erase Adrien's memories.

And Plague...the black cat kwami had been depressed ever since that awful day. Now he hardly ever left the miracle box unless she needed his help in a battle. Ladybug hoped that she could find his true holder soon.

"What's the villain situation in Gotham like?" Viperion suddenly asked. "Are the people in Gotham afraid like the people in Paris are?"

"It's different," Ladybug sighed. She thought of the Joker's attack that she had experienced first-hand on Tuesday morning. The shattered glass windows, the screaming civilians, and the waves of gunfire. It was a type of fear that she had never experienced before. "They don't have anything like my Miraculous Cure in Gotham, so the damage and death caused by villains can't be reversed. It's...terrifying. The people of Gotham wouldn't be alive without the protection of Batman and the other vigilantes."