Ch 19 - New Miraculous Heroes

Pegabug stepped through the blue portal with Turtle Vine and Miss Monkey Business by her side.

"Wow-wow-wow!" Miss Monkey Business bursted with excitement as she jumped from foot-to-foot on the Parisian rooftop. "So this is Paris, huh? We're actually in Paris!"

"That's right," Pegabug chuckled. She led the two newest miraculous heroes to the edge of the roof. "Welcome to the City of Lights."

"Pretty!" Miss Monkey Business spun her staff in the night air, creating a breeze that blew at her orange and red dyed pigtails. The monkey miraculous rested on her head just below the pigtails.

"But what's up with all the pigeons?" A giant lilypad grew from the palm of Turtle Vine's hand to shield them from a sudden bombardment of pigeon poop droppings.

"Looks like we're battling Mr. Pigeon today," said Pegabug. "KAALKI! DISMOUNT!"

Red and blue light flashed in the night. Ladybug giggled as the tired horse kwami plopped on her shoulder. She gave Kaalki a slice of honeycrisp apple. "Stay hidden until the battle is over, okay?"

"Yes, Guardian!" Kaalki hummed happily as she flew off to find a safe hiding place to eat her apple.

"As I explained back at the apartment in Gotham," Ladybug turned towards Turtle Vine and Miss Monkey Business, "we need to find the object where the akuma is hiding. My best guess is that it's inside Mr. Pigeon's bird whistle. But we also have to locate the amok of the sentimonster that's assisting him."

Turtle Vine lowered the lilypad shield and pointed at something in the distance. "Would the sentimonster happen to be that giant pterodactyl-sized pigeon sitting in the middle of the street?"

"Yep." Ladybug squinted. "That's definitely the sentimonster."

"That's the biggest birdie I've ever seen!" Miss Monkey Business' jaw dropped.

"Welcome to Paris." Ladybug sighed as she grabbed her yoyo. "We'd better hurry and join the battle. There will probably be news articles published tomorrow criticizing me for taking so long to show up and fight the akumatized villain. If only I hadn't fainted..."

"Oh, my sweet Marigold." Turtle Vine placed a comforting hand on Ladybug's shoulder. "It's okay. You're human. Even if you are Paris' number one superhero, you're still just a girl. No one should expect you to be perfect."

"Thank you," Ladybug said in a quiet voice. She placed her hand over Turtle Vine's fingers.

Turtle Vine smiled and gently squeezed Ladybug's hand before letting go.

"Okay, let's go defeat Mr. Pigeon!" Ladybug slid her yoyo open and took out three ear pieces. Two were given to Turtle Vine and Miss Monkey Business. She placed the third in her own ear. "We'll use these comms to keep in touch during the fight. Don't hesitate to call the other team miraculous members if you need help. They might already have an idea where the amok is hiding."

"Uhh, Ladybuggy?" Miss Monkey Business raised her hand. "Ain't cha forgetting somethin' here? Turtle Vine and I don't speak French. How're we supposed to communicate with the team when we don't speak the same language?"

"Not a problem!" Ladybug smiled. "Luckily, our miraculous suits come equipped with built-in magic language translators. Believe it or not, both of you girls have been speaking in fluent French since the moment we arrived in Paris."

"Incredible." Turtle Vine glanced at the turtle miraculous bracelet on her wrist.

"Woah woah woah— hold up!" Miss Monkey Business waved her arms above her head. "You tellin' me this magic jewelry lets us speak whatever language we want?"

"That's right," said Ladybug.

"What about pigeonese?"

"Uhmm... what?"

"Can it translate the language of the pigeon? So we could ask the birdies to show us where the akuma and amok are hiding!"

"I don't know?" Ladybug blinked slowly. "I've never tried to use the suit to speak with animals."

"Well then," Miss Monkey Business' fingernail tapped against the golden monkey miraculous around her head, "looks like I'll be the first to try."

"Wait, Miss Mon—"

"I'M COMING FOR YA PIGEONS!" Miss Monkey Business suddenly jumped off the edge of the roof. "TELL ME ALL YOUR BEST BIRDIE GOSSIP!"

"Paris pigeon gossip?" Turtle Vine snorted as she followed Miss Monkey Business off the roof. "I've got to hear this."

Ladybug watched Miss Monkey Business and Turtle Vine land on the concrete below. The civilians on the street buzzed with excitement when they realized that Paris had two new superheroes. Phone cameras flashed in the night.

"O-o-okay then..." Ladybug mumbled to herself as she swiped to the contact list on her yoyo's screen. "I should probably call the rest of the team to explain this."

[Ch 19 - 769 words]

Tikki: "Hey! Why the heck was this chapter so short—"

Me: *Raises finger* "SHHHHHHH!"

Tikki: "Huh? Don't shush me! I'm the freaking goddess of creation!"

Me: "Double update."

Tikki: "...what?"

Me: *Immediately posts chapter 20* "There. You get two updates today."

Tikki: "Really?!?!"

Me: "Yep. I couldn't wait to write about Damian panicking from his Habibti going missing again. I have no self control. You're welcome."