𝒊𝒏𝒗𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈

it was already too late when karma realized the air was just as suffocating in california as it was in michigan

  it was already too late when karma realized the air was just as suffocating in california as it was in michigan. there were less lights and fewer people than in detroit which he liked, but the air was just as stiff, stale, and lifeless. he thought moving would make him feel more alive but so far he was severely disappointed with the small town of beacon hills. 

  his house was relatively small but as soon as he opened the door it dawned on him that this was his first time being completely alone in years. no matter what karma did he always had someone, by force or by choice. 

  karmas house was an ugly shade of dark beige and the front of the house looked boring and normal. karma hated this feeling of unfamiliarity that he had brought upon himself. in detroit, his house felt purely himself. cluttered yet clean with a lovely balcony and french windows. it was open and free, karma missed it dearly. 

  the beige house was empty, dark, and unfamiliar. karma felt the discomfort fade as the interior shocked him. there were bookshelves in almost every hallway and lovely hand-painted tiles lining the kitchen walls. dark wooden doors with matching floors, and an equally dark bathroom. but the bedroom was heartbreaking. the dark vibe was ruined by the pure white bedroom. 

  karma groaned looking between the bedroom and the couch with a frown. first night in his new house, he couldn't even sleep in his room. karma felt annoyance creep up his spine and rest on his neck. so far beacon hills was upsetting. 

  getting ready for school felt futile when he thought of how much he was gaining from doing this. nothing, the answer is nothing. high school in detroit was pointless, high school in california will be pointless. humans sucked with their smelly bodies and ugly outfits . if you couldn't tell karma lived a relatively boring life. 

  he wasn't interesting on his own, he needed people to make him interesting. he's learned that over time no one will notice you when you are not there. so he made himself invisible. no clubs at school, no sports, no friends, no family. karma liked the attention, oh he adored it, but that meant interacting with humans and he hated that. 

  humans made karma angry. with their twisted morals and heinous views on the world, oh how karma despised them. yet they intrigued him more than anything else in the world, so high school. watching humans make fools of themselves while surpassing them in every class delighted karma more than anything. in karma's twisted way it proved that gods were still superior to humans. karma hated that he loved high school. 

  by the time he left his house, he was already late for his first day of school which annoyed him beyond belief. karma rolled his eyes as the principal watched his black mercedes pull into the lot. this was california, weren't sports cars allowed ? 

  "you must be karma davis, yes?" the principal asked politely, karma nod with a blank face. here goes high school round two.

—  

  karma had been invited to the same party over twenty times all by different girls. it was frustrating that they kept bothering him, but now he felt obligated to attend the poor girls' party. he didn't even know who lydia martin was but he had an inkling that he wouldn't care either way. 

  he wore an attention-seeking outfit, leather pants with a matching jack that was thrown over a crewneck. rings littered his fingers that held the spiked cup of punch. karma walked through lydia's house searching for anyone to resolve his boredom when he made eye contact with the prettiest eyes he'd ever seen. 

  karma raised his cup to the boy who in return blushed nodding back. he liked this boy, he liked this boy a lot. soon enough pretty eyes walked close to karma so he could just stare at him karma waited for the boy to introduce himself first . "H-hi my name is stiles." pretty eyes introduced himself. 

 "Karma," he spoke vacantly while looking stiles up and down. "Do you know Lydia?" he quizzed pretty eyes. pretty eyes openly gawked at karma's strange accent that he could not identify.

  "Yeah, I think she knows who I am." stiles struggled looking down sadly at his drink. karma frowned at stiles uncertain answer that seemed to upset him. 

  somehow karma felt this urge that he was simply meant to meet stiles on this fateful night. he didn't exactly know why he was supposed to meet stiles, all he knew was that stiles was different from all the other humans he'd ever met . he was special. 

  karma touched stiles chin, raising it so he could look into his pretty eyes. "You have pretty eyes, Stiles, did you know that?" karma pointed out shamelessly. he liked the whiskey brown color, it felt comforting. 

  stiles blushed staring into karmas stark grey eyes. "Thank you, no one has ever pointed that out." he gulped at karmas blank expression. he tried turning away but karma's tightened as he focused in on stiles grip eyes. 

  "Stiles, you are my friend now." karma informed him before finally letting go of his jaw. karma grabbed stiles drink and threw it on the floor. "It was drugged. I'll see you later." stiles gaped at karma as he walked out of the party seemingly un-effected. 

  stiles stared at the door for a long time kind of hoping karma would come back but he didn't. and he didn't for the rest of the year either. or the summer. stiles sometimes doubted karma existed and he was just a figment of his imagination. when he finally felt like he was forgetting karma he started having dreams of him. where they would read books and cuddle or karma would paint.

  it weirded stiles out because no one else knew karma. he was having dreams of a ghost that no one knew. karma and stiles wouldn't meet again for a long time and by long time he means the beginning of junior year.