97' • you drew stars around my scars

"that, was fun."

i giggled, positioning myself on the grass as i wiped off my trickling sweat. i beamed cheerfully, eyes wondering around all of the rides that we've tried before. i sighed in content, now turning my head towards the boy who's coming to my way.

"had fun?" he asked, and i nodded.

"a lot."

"glad to hear that." Kai took a seat next to me, not too near, neither too far. a space was left in between us two.

there was a breeze of silence filling up the air, ever so gently passing by the cloudless evening sky above us. i wonder where all those fluffy clouds go, the sky looked so much empty without them. the wind rustled in a gentle breeze, blowing my cardigan and bangs away. it was oddly warmer than usual, just like the same evening where we both meet under the same golden sky.

we cherished the moment together, as Kai suddenly hummed into a sweet melody that sounded so much familiar in my ears. but i couldn't guess what it was. hugging my knee, i adverted my gaze to him while admiring his side profile.

"what song is that?" i questioned, breaking the silence. he turned to look at me, and before he even manage to answer it, his eyes fell onto the scars on my wrist. instantly realising where he was looking, i lifted down the sleeve of my cardigan with embarassment washing over my face. i bit my under lip as i looked away, feeling guilty.

he kept quiet, before his right hand reached over to held my arm softly. carefully lifting up my sleeve back without a single utter. his eyes were glued to my wrist for a few seconds, as a soft smile suddenly appeared to his lips.

"it's ugly." i murmured, still looking away from his direction. i could feel him shaking his head behind me lightly, while taking out the pen that he always kept in the back of his pocket.

"no scars are ugly." he stated, clicking on the pen before he drew something onto the healed scars. curiousity began taking over me, so i looked over to see whatever he is doing with my wrist.

"scars are meant to be beautiful. they're supposed to be a sign to your healing, like the stars that help the sky to glow and be pretty." my eyes were immediately softened, a glimpse of warmth entering my heart as small stars were pratically drew all over my scars.

Kai finished his arts in a split second, now locking his eyes on mine.

"luka kamu cantik."

and that's when my bridge started falling, breaking down into uncontrollable tears and uncountable sobs. my feelings were all swirled and become one, somehere in the pit of my stomach felt weird. i was deeply touched by his words of affirmation and the choice of his adjectives.

cantik never felt so beautiful, never felt so right coming out from a person. except him.

a tear dropped on one of the stars, but never not washing the inks away. as if they were meant to be there, to add sparks on my so called beautiful scars and the hope to go on life.

Kai smiled bitterly, Kai smiled while wiping my tears away. his hand softly made contact with my wet cheeks, brushing away the bangs that were hunged low on my forehead. yet, i didn't stop crying. it was all seems so unreal to me, to have someone like Kai in my depressed and empty life.

Kai was the only good thing that has entered my life. and i would like to keep him by my side, until the end of the world. until forever.