epilogue; remember me.

the melody that Kai hummed that day was our favourite song

the melody that Kai hummed that day was our favourite song. the title was Remember Me, in a movie we used to watch together as a kid.

the movie was Coco.

remember me,
though i have to say goodbye.
remember me.
don't let it make you cry.
for even if i'm far away,
i'll hold you in my heart.
i'll sing a secret song to you,
each night we are apart.

remember me,
though i have to travel far,
remember me.
each time you hear a sad guitar,
know that i'm with you the only way that i can be.
until you're in my arms again,
remember me.

we used to sing it together everyday, and he will be either playing a guitar, or humming sweetly to me.

but now, there were no more singing to favourite childhood songs together.  no more drawing stars, no more photographs. what was left was the nostalgic memories that would always be locked forever in my heart.

inside the cage where i locked my cheerful self. Kai was there, too.

those precious memories, those happy times spent with Kai would always be golden.

and now, i'm letting go. i'm giving up his ghost, and i am trying to be more appreciative over the things that will or had happen to me. let it be bad or beautiful. i believed that those were the one that will keeps me walking and living on until the day these eyes could no longer held the sight of a mesmerising indigo sky.

something beautiful died, too soon. but i'll be alright,  i hope i will be alright.

1997 was the happiest and the baddest year for me.

but atleast, Kai and Sophia were in a book. and the book will forever be the greatest treasure in both of our lives, cherished until the end of the world.

—- fin.