Chapter 1 - The first glance

Nizuka 'Shinji'

"Mama, that girl has horns!" With a shriek Nizuka turns around and wirls her hand in front of her face to turn invisible. The kid behind her looked confused, wondering where the girl with the horns went. Quietly Nizuka turned around and walked to another part of the train that she took. She found a spot that was not crowded and was out of sight from camera's, not that those would be of any use, she was on no record. Once she sat down, she turned visible again and made her horns that she shifted into, disappear again. "No complaing", she thought to herself. It was her idea to take the train and not flying using her shifting powers. It would take a lot of energy, mentally and physically, which she did not want to drain.
Outside of the train she saw the buildings come in vision, New York City was big. Bigger then she had ever invisioned. She had seen video's, visions and had heard people talk about it, but could still not imagine it being this big. Her thoughts started racing, feeling inclosed in such a big city with such high towers that would be no use for her wings. Her wings that she used or wanted to use almost every day. Free area's or mountain area's were the best. They had the best views and the right amount of wind coming towards her wings. The amount of wind gliding under her wings, according to her, the best feeling in the entire world, apart from seeing Natasha Romanoff. She had seen something in her the moment they collapsed together, literally. Exactly a year ago in Greece, on a mission, they collided when Natasha bumped into her and sent her coffee flying into her shirt whilst they were both tracking someone. With the promise of getting a new coffee they decided to meet up later that they because they both had some 'things' to finish. Natasha was tracking a lead towards her sisters friends that were still under 'Oldie" Dreykov's mindspell. Nizuka on the other hand was sent by Hydra to take out a scientist that was threatening to spill some secrets, which ones she didn't know, she didn't bother asking, nor did she want to. Natasha ended up kidnapping her lead, holding him hostage and making him wait in her hotel room. Nizuka took out the scientist and told Johann Schmidt, her boss, that the lead got away and she would need more time, what a coincidence.

"STOP NEW YORK CITY CENTRAL IN 1 MINUTE." Snapped out of thoughts Nizuka got up and turned invisible again and got ready for the screaming she had heard from miles away. The doors of the train opened and the first thing she saw was everyone in the station running towards what seemed to be the exit which was red colored, bright and hopefully visible to anyone that needed to get away from whatever what was scaring them. Without a thought Nizuka walked,  a calm pace, towards the cause of the screaming,  helping some people on the way who were unaware of them being held up by someone invisble. The moment she entered the open field where a huge crane with a wrecking ball and some pallets stood, her first view was the Avengers that were trying to surround a person with large weapons that seemed to have flaming bullets. She made herself visible again and shifted into a wolf form. Out of all her forms, this one was her second favorite because of the skills that she attained with transforming halfway. She could choose if she wanted a tail and ears, but also the night vision, speed and pride characteristics that she could inhabit from transforming into the beast. She looked around and saw a person in a suit being thrown and a metal suit fly after him. A man with bow standing behind a girl with hair that she recognized from every dream she had had from the moment she layed eyes on her. But not only was she glowing in the light, she also had a bullet coming towards her in the blink of an eye. Without second thought she ran, ran as fast as she could. Pushing away the glowing girl, she stood up, having pain in the shoulder where the flaming bullet went through.

"KNEEL", she said looking him straight in the eye whilst commanding him. Commanding him by going into his head, his brain. Going into his most inner thoughts and wants, no regards for his privacy. Ordering him to stand down to have everyone, especially her glowing girl safe. And so he did. He knelt without as much of a doubt. Everyone around Nizuka looked confused, finding it weird that a girl with dog-looking ears, and what looked to be a tail, could make a villain that shot flaming bullets, stand down with ease.
Without looking at the glowing girl next to her, she grabbed the handcuffs that she always had stored in her pockets, and walked towards the villain, cuffing him and pushing him towards the man with the bow, who did not seem surprised by the stunt she just pulled.

"Holy shit", Nizuka heard from behind her. Turning around, feeling lightheaded and a bit naseaus, she walked towards the girl whose glowing seemed to darken and disappear. Taking a step, and another step, the corners of her eyes started to get darker, losing their vision until the blackness filled her eyes and her body seemed to give out.