Chapter 2 - Restoration

Natasha

"Holy shit", she said. The girl with ears turned around, and somehow she seemed familiar but she couldn't place it, like some part of her memory was gone, but still there. The girl walked towards her, and Natasha's hands slowly went to her gun that she had in the back of her suit. Her hand seemed to be shaking, like it had a mind of it's own and refused to move the way she wanted it too. The girl came closer, and closer until she was 4 feet away from her. Her eyes looked distant, like she wasn't on the earth, but drifting somewhere in her mind. A split second later the girl fell, getting caught by Natasha right before she hit the ground. The girl started crying, it sounded like whining, the type that you hear from dogs when they are in pain. Whilst whining, the girls facial features, ears and tail started disappearing. Her face became human, her ears back to human, and the tail dissapearing. The whining had now turned into soft moaning, soft cries that made Natasha's heart ache.
Her mind caught up to the situation and made her realize what just happend. A girl she did not seem to know, but also did, just jumped infront of a bullet to save her. "Can we take her Tony, she got shot and I don't think a hospital would be good, considering what we just saw." He did not give an clear answer, just a nod. But that was enough convincing for her. She lifted the girl up and took her to the jet that had landed not far away to pick up the villain aswell as the Avengers themselves.

She was confused. The girl that was unconscious infront of her in the medical bed looked familiar but she still couldn't place it. She put handcuffs on her because of her uncertainties with the girl. Occationaly a soft moan of pain came out her unmoving body, but she remained unconscious for a long while. In the meantime Wanda decided to join her, and listen to Natasha's version of the story of the unidentified girl in front of her. Natasha explained her unnerving feeling of knowing her and the weird connection she felt. Feeling like she was missing a piece of her mind, a piece of her heart that she somehow felt like she was missing after her tracking mission in Greece. She remembered everything that happend, at least she thought.

Natasha saw Wanda look at the girl aswell, saw her looking with her own familiar look. The feeling of the girl seeming familiar but being unable to place it. The girl slightly moved and both Natasha and Wanda's heads shot towards the girls bed. Small groaning became louder and she girl slowly, but steadily woke up. Natasha looked with eyes wide open, not knowing what to expect.
The girl shot up, sitting up straight and looking confused until locking eyes with Natasha. She screamed her name and tried to jump up but was unable to do so because of the handcuffs. When that realization hit her Natasha saw the girls hand turn purple softly and heard two clicks. The handcuffs fell off. The girl jumped up. Started running towards Natasha and jumped up. Natasha flinched hard and tried to reach for her gun that she usually had in her back pocket, but put away because why have a gun if the unknown person is handcuffed. The girl jumped up and... hugged her?
Being unsure of what was going on and being pushed back, Natasha fell into the chair behind her. Wanda tried activating her powers, but was quickly stopped by the girls growling warning. It was not a growl of 'I am going to hurt her' but more of a growl that showed Wanda to hold back and not stop her from hugging Natasha so tightly she felt like she was getting squeezed to the size of a straw.
Natasha put her hands on the girls back, started stroking when she heard soft sobbing. Trying to get the girl to pull back she started the coversation. "Uh, hey there, are you okay?" When the girl slowly pulled back, they locked eyes for a moment, Natasha wiping the tears away softly. "Do I know you?" Natasha asked, and she could swear that she saw the girls eyes widen with realization, but also sadness. "Oh yeah, that's right, I removed me", she said. Upon seeing Natasha looking confused, the girl put her hand on Natasha's cheek, and she let her, and then shifted her forehead so that they touched one another.

In a flash, with no warning, Natasha's entire mission back in Greece started playing infront of her eyes. When she met Nizuka, how brightly she smiled when Natasha offered her another coffee for that evening. How she had rushed her mission to spend her evening and night with the girl without being interrupted. The moments they had at a fair, sitting in a small ferris wheel whilst having ice cream in both hands. Being a little bit too close to each other in the tea cups and holding Nizuka by her waist upon walking on the bridge with that bench on top of it. The bridge that she could not get out of her mind, even though she thought it had no significance. The moment she and Nizuka stopped at the top of the bridge, Nizuka leaned in and kissed her.  Kissed her passionatly, putting her hands on Natasha's neck and her heart, slowly stroking or just holding. After what seemed to be an eternity, they released each other and Natasha saw tears spring in Nizuka's eyes. Telling Natasha to sit down and listen, Nizuka presented herself nervously, looking like she had a big burden weighing on her shoulder. After taking a few breaths, she openend her mouth and started telling Natasha her entire truth. Natasha not being fully a stranger anymore but yet still one, listened. Listened to her without judgement, not seeing the person Nizuka told her she had to be, but who she was. Nizuka told her about her being a hydra soldier and having to go back and errase her entire existence from her mind. "Why, when your entire existence is erasable" she said. Drawing more tears from the girl that showed her she could be vunerable, she kissed Nizuka once more. Natasha could recall the salty tears she tasted on her lips, her strawberry balm that she tasted for the second time, the feeling of her weirdly soft lips, the way they melted into each other with ease, without adjustments, like their lips were made for each other without doubt. And then it was gone.
Natasha could now recall Nizuka turning invisible and leaving her there, making her think she just finished her mission. But a part of her, all this time, knew that there was something missing.

"Hey there Nizz" Natasha said through her panting and exaggerating the Z. Both Natasha and Nizuka now had tears in their eyes. Nizuka leaned back to look her in the eye. Slowly gaining their eye contact, they just stared. Just looked at each other without saying a thing.