Chapter 14 | 12 hours, 53 minutes, and 25 seconds

Rayne.

She looks at me and everything from her face says she's fine but the more you looked down, it progressively gets worse. She wasn't fine.

"Babe-" I stop myself. She knows now.

"Jaylin, you're not okay..." I cry as I press pressure to her stomach. She groans as she presses her head to the wall.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry for everything..." I cry, looking up at her and seeing the color from her face, drain and fall. 

"Jaylin...?" I shake her, her head drops limb to the side. "No, no, no...Please, please..."

I come to her side, putting her head in my lap and arms. "I'm sorry for everything..." I shake her face again. "Wake up, wake up!"

Suddenly I feel a whack to the back of my head and I lose all sense of feel and sight and fall to the floor.

Andrew.

We come back into the house, taking off our suits. Theo goes and takes our guns and reloads them as the rest, wipes off the blood from our faces. "Tell Pedro that we finished and give the triple payment by tomorrow." I say grabbing a towel, wiping the blood off from my face.

"Andrew!" Leith calls my name. "Your phones ringing, it's an unknown number." I throw the towel onto the couch as everyone else wipes their faces.

"Answer it." I say. 

Leith answers the phone and puts it on speaker on the counter. "Who the fuck are you to come here?!" We suddenly hear.

We all freeze, hearing other words that we couldn't hear. Everyone comes closer to the phone and listen to the sounds of coughing and gasping. "And who the fuck are you to hit me?" 

This voice.

This isn't hers. The guys look at me, knowing the exact person who it belongs to. Knowing we heard this voice less than six hours ago. This isn't hers. It can't.

"You bitch-" There was a loud crash sound along with a scream.

I grab my keys and the phone. "Axel, track this phone." 

I take my gun from Theo, checking if its already loaded. I get in the car as everyone else follows in as Wade takes the motorcycle.

"Axel, give me the fucking address already." I say, speeding through the stop light. Then suddenly from the phone I hear. "We have to go. We have to get out of here." I hear the voice again, how it's trembling.

This is definitely hers. "This address..." Axel trails off.

"Axel!" I yell his name, taking a sharp turn.

"This house is Rayne's." 

I look at him from the rear mirror. I drift into a U-turn and took another sharp turn..

Then suddenly we hear "I'm going to kill both of you..." Then a scream. It's her scream.

I press harder on the gas, hearing Axel dial 911, making a fake report. We enter the neighborhood, pulling up. I get out of the car, taking my gun off the safety.

We walk towards the porch. I signal Wade and Asher to go around the house.

For the first time I see my hand get filled with tremors as I turn the doorknob slowly. I push open the door and immediately see blood smeared across the wall, a broken bloody bat on the floor, and so, so much blood on the floor. Too much blood on the floor.