Nine

Thomas's POV

"Are you sure about this place?".
"What do you mean?".

Harry and Ron had left the room, saying that they were going to talk to someone. Thomas didn't care who.

Him and Minho had been lying down on their separate beds, staring up at the ceiling in silence. Before Minho broke it.
"Well, I mean, this isn't like, a trap or anything?". Thomas's friend didn't change the position he was in. He just let his words hang there.

"No. No, I don't think so".
"But how do you know?". Now, Minho turned to him, staring questionly. "How do you know, Thomas?".

He didn't. Thomas wasn't exactly in the position to just rely on trust, either. He didn't return Minho's gaze.
"Minho, listen", he knew that it was unlike Minho to admit he was nervous, or, God forbid, scared. "I really don't think that Michael and the other ones are part of WICKED. And look, we've escaped the Maze, we're safe now", he took a breath. "Maybe we should just, stop looking for trouble".

"I'm not looking for trouble, you shank. Excuse me, but I was stuck in the Maze for years, and then all of a sudden, we're here. Sorry if I'm little bit unsure about this", Minho's sarcasm was thick.
"I'm not saying that you are. All I'm saying is that we should relax a bit right now, and even if this is a trap- I'm not saying that it is- but even still, we can take care of ourselves".

He wasn't sure if Minto believed that. Thomas wasn't even sure if he himself believed that.
But it was true, they did escape the Maze. And they could take care of themselves. They didn't have parents. They didn't have families. All they had was each other.

Thomas cringed. That sounded so cheesy. But it was true. Thomas relied heavily on his friends. And he just had to hope and trust that they were okay now.

Minho didn't reply to what his friend had said. He rolled over instead, his back to the brunette.

They sat in silence once more.

Short chapter, sorry.