Thirty-two

Thomas's POV

Thomas braced himself before going into breakfast the next morning. Although he had skipped dinner the night before, Thomas came to find that he wasn't all that hungry.

Minho hadn't left his side since last night.
It was kind of getting on his nerves.

Minho pulled him back, away from Harry, Ron, and Hermoine, who kept on walking ahead of them.
"How are you doing?", he asked.
"Better, I think. Since yesterday".
Minho nodded. "Can I ask you a question?".
"Sure, anything".

They turned the hall before Thomas's friend asked, "what do you think of Newt?".
"What do you mean, 'what do I think of him'?".
"Like, when I say Newt's name, what do you think of?".
"Newt?". Minho rolled his eyes, clearly frustrated. "Anything else?".
"The...lizard?".
"I don't even know why I bother".

Thomas was confused. Was everything okay with his blonde friend? "Why? Did he say something you last night?".
"What would you have wanted him to say?". "What?".

Now, Thomas was really confused. his friend wasn't making any sense.

      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The group went towards their table in the Great Hall. Luckily, the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables were right next to each other, so Thomas could find his friends pretty easily.

The hall wasn't very crowded, but Newt and his friends weren't there yet .

Thomas chose to stand as he waited. He also refused to look up at the teacher's table.

"It's okay, Thomas. She's not up there yet", Minho told him. Thomas shoot his head. "And I don't want to be looking up there when she does".

Thomas stayed where he was, staring down at the table, when his Hufflepuff friend come up to him.

Newt attempted a re-assuming smile. "How was your night?".
"It was okay, I suppose. But, hey", he looked back at Minho, who was in a very deep discussion with Hermoine about the importance of keeping your hair perfect.

Thomas turned back. "Is Minho acting, I don't know, off to you?".

Newt almost immediately agreed. "Right? I don't know why, but he's stumbling over his words a lot".

As more students filled the hall, Newt glanced back at his seat. "Do you want me to sit with you?", he asks. "I'm sure my friends wouldn't mind if I did".

Thomas smiled and shook his head. "It's alright. You go". He waved to Nicholas, who was sitting behind where Newt was standing. "Thank you though", and then he also kissed Newt's cheek, repeating the same action as his friend had done last night.

Before anything else, Thomas's head snapped back, as the last of the Proffessors took their places at their table, signaling the start of breakfast.

Newt smiled widely before returning to his seat.
As Thomas sat down, he saw Minho eyeing him. Then he shook his head.
And then breakfast had begun.

I'm so sorry about not updating, I've just had so little motivation.