Eighteen

Thomas's POV

Shuck, shuck, shuck it.

The game didn't go quite how Thomas had planned it to.
Thomas watched Harry cry over Cedric's still body. He wasn't 100% sure what had happened, but he knew that his friend needed him.

Thomas, Minho, Hermoine, and Ron rushed to the hospital wing. They burst through the door, seeing if Harry was in there.

But Thomas forgot about Harry as he caught sight of Newt and his friends, huddled around a bed.

Thomas ran towards the blonde, engulfing him in a hug. Newt buried his head in Thomas's shoulder.
Thomas rocked slowly from side to side, consoling his friend. He glanced to the bed. Cedric was there, lying down. He was breathing, but was very clearly not awake.

Just then, the doors burst open again. Thomas stayed where he was, but he heard Harry talking to his friends.

Newt eventually pulled away as Dumbledore also joined the kids in the room.

"Thrre is was too many people in this room, out, out!", the nurse (Madame Pompfry, if Thomas could remember correctly), told them all strictly. "Shoo, shoo! No more than six visitors at a time!".

Thomas knew that meant him. He saw that Harry was okay now. Well, physically, anyway.
"You going to be okay?", he asked Newt. He nodded. "'Course. I always have to be", and gave a half-hearted smile.
"I'll come and find you later".

With that, they all left again. Except for Harry.

"Harry? You alright, mate?", asked Ron.

The boy nodded, adjusting his glasses. "Yeah, I'm just gonna...sleep in here for a bit".
Ron accepted this without questioning it any further.

The group was silent as they walked back to their dormitories.

This obviously doesn't follow the books/movies  exactly, but I thought that this was a much better way to continue the story of Cedric.

Also, don't worry, the chapters are about to get much longer.

I write out the words before I type them, so I've got the next few chapters planned out, always.