three

"Can you come over? I don't wanna do this party without you." Allison whined over the phone to Claire.

"What's in it for me?" A smirk could be heard in her voice.

"An amazingly boring party with my parents amazingly boring friends."

"Sounds fun. I'll be there soon." The girls laughed at her sarcasm, and Claire hung up the phone to search through her closet for an outfit to wear.

~⁠♪ ⁠~⁠♪ ~⁠♪

"Look at you!" The brunette gave the blonde a tight hug. "You actually dressed up."

"Only for you." Claire winked at her friend before wolf whistling. "But look at you, jeez! Give me a turn."

Allison spun around, her cream dress following with her. Claire stole a piece of chocolate from the extra candy bucket Allison kept in her room in case the ones downstairs ran out. They sat on Allison's bed for a couple of minutes before finally deciding to leave.

"We can't stay cooped up in here forever, no matter how much I want to." Allison sighed, walking out with Claire.

"Well well, look at that." The blonde pointed at the bottom of the stairs.

"Max Dennison." A smile played in her voice.

The boy looked up at Allison and Claire, quickly removing his hat. "Allison."

"Oh~ Allison, huh?" The little girl wearing a witches costume teased.

"I thought you weren't into Halloween." They walked down the steps to meet with Max.

"I'm not. I'm just taking my little sister, Dani, around." Max answered, pulling a little girl closer to where Allison and Claire stood.

"That's nice." Allison said to which Claire nodded in agreement.

"Yeah."

"I always do it." He smiled widely.

"My parents made him." Dani corrected, and Max nudged her.

"Do you guys want some cider?"

"Sure." Max answered at the same time Dani said, "No."

"How come you never offer me anything." Claire joked.

"Because you always steal what you want." Allison deadpanned before laughing a little.

Claire mocked her playfully when her back was turned. A slightly awkward silence ensued as Max followed after Allison like a lost puppy. "He's already down bad, isn't he?"

"Whipped." Dani agreed with Claire.

"It's so... weird watching this." The blonde cringed at the two talking. "No chemistry."

"Me and Claire have got candy duty." Allison walked back into earshot of Claire and Dani.

"Since when?" Claire raised a brow.

"Since I called you and asked for you to come." Allison told her. "If I suffer, you suffer with me."

She shrugged. "Fair enough."