nine

And she was right.

Blair struggled against Winifred's magic from next to the fireplace. Her eyes stared at the bag above the fire, Thackery writhing in pain as the flames bore into him skin from underneath.

"Stop it, you're hurting him!" Blair shouted to the women.

"Oh, he'll be fine for thou can't die!" Winifred cackled menacingly.

Sarah opened the front door happily. "The children... are coming."

"Well done, sister Sarah!" The women cheered.

As Dani strained against the ropes holding her to the wooden chair, Thackery's muffled voice spoke from inside the small bag. "Let me out of here!"

"Shut your trap!" Winifred exclaimed.

~⁠♪ ⁠~⁠♪ ~⁠♪

While Sarah and Mary were trying to feed two teen boys candy, Winifred stirred her cauldron full of a bubbling potion. She stared into the concoction with an evil glint in her eyes.

"Soon the lives of all thy little friends will be mine." The red head moved to be in front of her spell book, beside Dani. "And I shall be young and beautiful again forever."

"It doesn't matter how young or old you are! You sold your soul! You're the ugliest thing that's ever lived, and you know it!" Dani angrily yelled at the woman.

"Dani, stop it!" Blair whisper-yelled to her, scared for the young girls life.

Winifred got close to Dani's face. "You die first."

"Winifred! Let her go!" The blonde shouted, trying to remove Winifred's magic hold on her.

"If I could curse thee again, I would!" Winifred hissed at Blair before going back to her potion.

While the three witches gathered around the large cauldron, Dani continued to struggle against her binds. Mary stirred the liquid with a spoon, and Winifred clapped.

"'Tis ready. Pry open her mouth!" Winifred demanded.

Mary smirked. "Gladly."

"No!" Blair shouted.

"Dani, don't drink it!" Thackery told her from his confined bag.

"Shut up, you!" The ginger exclaimed.

"Open your mouth. Open it." Sarah and Mary tried to coax Dani into trying the green concoction, to no avail.

"Don't do it, Da-" Blair was cut off by Winifred using her magic to close the teens mouth.

"Ah!" Mary retracted her hand. "She bit me!"

Despite the situation of impending doom, Blair chuckled. Sarah made fun of her sister lightheartedly. Carrying over a large, wooden spoon, Winifred shoved the potion towards Dani's face.

Before she was able to force the drink down the girls throat, Max burst through the door. "Prepare to die... again!"

In a muffled, unintelligible voice, Blair cheered. "Mmm!"

"You! You have no powers here, you fool!" Exclaimed Winifred.

"Hollywood!" One of the boys hanging from the ceiling happily shouted to Max.

"Maybe not, but there's a power greater than your magic!" Max told her.

Blair tilted her head in confusion. "Hmt?"

"And that's knowledge!" He finished.

"Come on, man."

"And there's one thing I know that you don't!"

Winifred paused for a moment, and then she began to taunt him. "And what is that, dude?"

"Daylight savings time." He replied, and the other women obnoxiously laughed.

Blair's eyes widened in shock as light started to peak through the window; the sun was rising. The blonde took a deep inhale of breath and focused her magic directly to remove Winifred's. Suddenly, she was able to move her arms.

She opened her eyes again and was met with Dani, beckoning her to follow. "Blair, come on."

She stood from the ground, taking notice of the spilled potion, and took the bag that Dani was carrying, releasing Thackery soon after. She rushed to the door, but Dani stopped.

"Max, I wanna see her turn to dust!" Dani complained.

Blair saw Allison gesturing to the car, and she realized that it was the headlights creating the sunrise effect — it was very much still dark out. The blonde pulled at Dani's arm.

"We need to go!" Blair exclaimed.

Finally connecting the dots, Dani nodded in confirmation. "Pump it!"

~⁠♪ ⁠~⁠♪ ~⁠♪

"Step on it, Max!" Dani told her brother.

"This is life or death. We've got to go!"  Blair said.

Ignoring the two girls' comments, Max kept his eyes on the road and maintained his speed. "Are they following us?"

Allison turned her body to check the rear window before returning to her original position. "No."

"Good." Max chuckled.

They kept a smooth pace down the concrete road when, out of nowhere, Winifred appeared beside the car on a broom. She looked through the open window at Max.

"Pull over! Let me see your drivers permit!" She jested then reached her hand into the car, grabbing hold of Max's shirt.

Allison and Dani tried to remove the witch's grip on Max while Blair narrowed her eyes at her aunt. Once again, she focused her magic to one point of her body, her hand, and blasted a small fireball towards Winifred. The woman flew backward in shock, screaming in slight pain.

"You rotten little girl! I should have killed you when I had the chance!" Winifred spat venomously, coming back to the car again.

This time, Blair sent a stronger blast of magic. Winifred was caught off guard. Letting go of her broom, she landed in the grass beside the road. The blonde sighed and relaxed back in her seat, feeling drained.

"Yee-haw!" Max laughed.

"Way to go, Blair!" Dani hugged the girl triumphantly.