five

The five of them collectively stood on the hollowed ground of the cemetery after having just run away from the Sanderson sisters. Allison turned to Blair with an out of breath yet apologetic smile.

"Sorry about hitting your mom with a branch." She said.

Blair offered a nonchalant shrug and a smirk. "Water under the bridge. She did try to come onto Max, so it was well deserved."

"They can't touch us here, right?" Max questioned, looking around at their surroundings.

"Well... they can't..." Thackery and Blair turned to one another, expressions growing exceedingly more nervous.

"I don't like the way you said that." Dani stared at the two of them.

"You shouldn't..." Blair replied, watching the stagnant grave of her father intently.

"Unfaithful lover long since dead. Deep asleep in thy wormy bed. Wiggle thy toes, open thine eyes, twist thy fingers toward the sky." Winifred chanted a spell. "Life is sweet, be not shy. On thy feet, so seyeth I!"

Blair quickly removed herself from the grave of William Butcherson as the dirt below began to shake and peel away. His coffin raised above the ground, and Allison took hold of her and Dani to stable herself.

"Max! Max!" Dani shouted as the three witches cackled in enjoyment.

The shaking slowly came to a stop, and all five of the kids released a relieved sigh. Until suddenly, a body shot through the dirt, and Blair watched the man with wide eyes. She was staring straight into her fathers face.

Max, Dani, and Allison screamed in horror and began to run away. Blair stayed put and watched him with curious eyes. Before she was able to say a word to him, Allison rushed back.

"Blair, come on! We've gotta go!" She pulled the blonde with her, and they met up with the other three.

They dodged tree branches and gravestones, pushing back vines as they ran across the cemetery; all of them followed after Thackery as he led them to a hole in one of the walls.

"In here!" Thackery said while going inside.

Without a second thought, Blair went through as well. She was followed by Dani, then Allison. The blonde teen stabled herself quickly and helped the other two up from the ground. The book flew through the opening, and Max fell in shortly after.

"Are you okay?" Blair asked all of them.

"Mhm." Dani nodded.

Max glanced around in the darkness. "What is this place, Binx?"

"It's the old Salem crypt." Came his answer.

"Here, take the book." Allison handed Winifred's spell book to Blair.

"It connects to the sewer and up to the street. Blair and I used to meet here in secret, so the Sanderson sisters couldn't find us out." Thackery glanced over to Blair with a twinge of sadness.

"Don't look up, Dani." Warned Max.

"Uh, don't worry. I won't." She worriedly answered, eyes locked to the ground.

"Relax." Thackery tried soothing. "I've hunted mice down here for years."

"Did they taste any good?" Cringed Blair, her hatred for rodents shining through.

"I've had better." He joked.