Chapter three: Family dinner

After the whole show today, grandsire nearly collapsed. Alicent was able to help him and bring him to his chambers. Despite her... personality... she still cared for her husband. Which is probably one thing I like about her.

The guards took Veamonds body away to the Silent sisters to care for his body for a funeral. Deamond took his daughters somewhere and I don't know where my brothers were, but mother took me aside and cleaned blood off my face.

"You'll have to change before dinner. Father wants us all, and by that I mean the entire family, to have dinner together." She said softly, gently wiping away his red blood for from neck, hands, and face.

Ugh great. I can barely stomach being in the same room with Otto, Alicent and Aegon. Now we have to sit down and eat dinner with like a "normal" family? This ought to go well.

"Of course mother." I looked past her and saw the rest of the Greens leaving, but Aemond. He continued smiling at me. I gave him a small in return. His smile makes me happy. It's also ho-

"Why are your cheeks red dear?" Mothers voiced snapped me back to kings landing.

"Pardon?"

"Your cheeks. They're red." She commented.

Oh crap. Uh... "I'm just getting really warm. My heart is finally steadying." I came up with a lie quickly.

"Alright then. That's all the blood. Let's go change." I nodded and looked back to where Aemond was but he was gone. "Also..." but held my arms gently yet firmly. "I'm proud you stood up for our family today."

"But..."

"Either let Daemon handle those matters, or use other options. Alicent and Aemond still want Lucerys eye." Her voice was laced with concern. I understood what she meant. Someone close to Veamond may want my head now. I didn't even think about it. All I was thinking about was my family's honor. What's left of it anyways.

Mother and I went out separate ways to our chambers. As I got to my door to my chamber, my guard was gone but Aemond was there.

"Uncle?" I said, questioning his appearance outside my chambers.

"I didn't know you carried a sword." He said, leaning up against the wall. "I didn't know you know how to use one, either."

"It's been 7 years, Aemond. There are a lot of things you don't know about." I shrugged. It's not like we kept each other up to date when I left.

He sighed. "I know. But I would like to. Morrow. Afternoon. Let's spar."

"Why? So I can beat your butt?" I smirked.

"Are you so sure I can't beat yours?" He asks walking towards me. I, again, had to crane my neck to look at him. I felt my heart pick up at our close proximity.

"Guess we'll just have to find out."

He smirked and looked at me like he could see right through me. In the corner of my eye, I saw him lift his hand, but I didn't really pay attention to it. Not until I felt his thumb softly rub across my cheekbone, close to my ear.

"She missed a spot." Removed his thumb and whipped the blood drop on his clothes. He looked at my scar on my head, the scar he had given me in that fight all those years ago, leaned in and kissed it tenderly. "See you tonight princess."

As soon as he disappeared, I ran inside my chambers and fell onto my bed. I placed my hand on my chest, hoping in would calm my heart since nothing else was work. "What... was... that?" I am so stunned by his actions. I felt as though I could not comprehend what was happening to me or to him or anything.