Chapter Six: Crowned and Wed

I'm still not sure what is happening. The maids wanted help me dress, but I turned them away. I wanted to be alone. I needed to find a way to escape now that I have my energy and strength back.

They took whatever weapons they could find in my chambers, so fighting my way out was out of the question. My windows are locked, so jumping onto my dragon is also out of the question. The only light I have in this room is the candles and fireplace.

Deamon had told me about the secret passageway that leads throughout the castle into ever room. But I couldn't find it in my room. I looked under curtains, even under the carpet. I'm pacing the room in frustration, unsure of what to do. I'm stuck.

I looked towards the door to my chambers as someone knocked on it. "Come in." I said, instantly wanting to take it back when I saw who it is. Although, maybe he'll answer my questions. "Has everyone come to a decision?"

"Yes." Aemond said. He has something hidden behind his back. Is it a dagger? Has he come to kill me?

I felt my heart pick up and I held back the tears. I don't want to die. Not now.

He walked towards me slowly, but I'm not moving. I do not wish for him to see my fear. I will not let him win with that.

I continued eye contact with him, until I saw the blue rose in his hand. My favorite flower. He held it out for me to take, and I accepted it. "You remembered."

                             Flashback:

Aemond and I were playing a game of tag which, I like to think I'm winning. But I know, he's letting me win. I know how fast he is. I've seen him race my brothers.

I've slowed down cause my chest was starting to hurt, but then I saw him grow nearer and I'm off running again. "You can't catch me." I giggled.

But he took that as a challenge and ran faster towards me, and tagged me. "I'll always catch you, Visenya."

I collapsed to my knees in laughter and pain. "Oh that was fun."

"Yes, 'twas."

I look around at the scenery before me, enjoying the freshness of the grass and ocean together. Watching Dragara and Vermax chase each other in the sky. It was a beautiful day. I wish each day was like this.

The sight of something blue in the grass caught my eye. I stood up and picked it up. "It's beautiful." I sniffed it. "It smells pretty too. I wish we grew these in the royal garden."

"That's a blue rose." Aemond pointed out.

"Really? I love it."

                                End flashback.

"I had it grown in the royal garden after you left."
He took the rose and placed it in my hair.

"What is to happen?" I asked. He stepped back a few paces and looked at me and smiled.

"I am to be crowned this afternoon at the dragon pit."

"So... you got what you wanted?"

He hummed. "With you by side, yes."

I frowned. "We will marry?"

"We think it's best. With our marriage, our houses will be joined. It would be a good way to prevent a war between our families." He explained.

I began pacing once again. This isn't right. He's not even supposed to be king. The king named
Rhaenyra his successor. And they took that away from her. So not only are they making him king, but they're going to make me queen. Where do I get a say in this? Or my mother? I am not supposed to be queen, I'm not even prepared for that. My brother is next after my mother. Not me.