Chapter Four: The city

Ever since I was little, I always wanted to explore kings landing city. Mother told me how she went there once and saw so many things. Dancing, shows, shops etc. The moment she told me that, was the moment I wanted to go. She said that when I'm older I can. It's beautiful, but not safe to be at, by yourself, much less a child. And she said that when I do go, go with someone, and go in disguise. Not only will I have a better experience, she said, but it's safer.

So, before I go back home, I decided I'd go. Mother wants to take us back home tonight since everything is settled, but I begged her to let me go to the city tomorrow. I wanted to go at night, but I'm to tired for it tonight. And I don't want to stay another night in the same castle with Aemond.

"I'll ride back on Dragara morrow afternoon. I promise." I literally have my hands clasped together, begging her.

She became hesitant. "Fine." She finally said after a few moments.

"Yes!" I squealed.

"But... you have to take a guard with you. And bring at least a dagger. Just in case."

"Okay!" As long as the guard isn't a pain, it'll be fine. "Thank you!" I wrapped my arms around her to give her a big hug.

"Just promise to be safe." She hugged back, kissing the top of my head.

"I promise."

🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉

My family and I said our goodbyes and I had gone to bed, thinking about today.

I killed Veamond, finally realized my aunt is a Dreamer and my uncle is still a pain in the you know what. How does he expect forgiveness when he repeats the same crap all the time?

I should've never dropped that wall and start to forgive him. What if my brother is right? I mean, I know he wants an eye for an eye, that much is obvious. But what is he going to do to get his revenge? Was it me? Was he going to do it through me?

I guess, a part of me thought we could be as we were before. Friends. I guess that little kid of me was hoping our dream was going to come true. We were all going to be one happy family. And that, Aemond and I would be more than friends. But when there's so much tension and bad blood between us, that makes it kind of hard.

Gosh. I remember the biggest crush on Aemond when we were kids. I could've sworn our mothers would have betrothed us. And maybe, they would have if it weren't for... if it wasn't because of that fight. I feel like everything blew up in our face that night.

I sighed and drifted off to sleep and dreamt about what could have been.

🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉

The city is beautiful. I had some of the peoples food at stands and I have to say, it's a lot better then what I'm served. I wish they worked in the royal kitchen.

I took a guard, Ser Rob, with me to explore. He wore more run down mens commoners clothes and I wore a cheap dress and hoodie. I even let my hair down, so people don't see the underneath side. My more Velaryon side. I have half brown and half white, which is odd but I've grown to like it.

Ser Rob, changed out his sword so it didn't look expensive and pretty, and my dagger is hidden up my sleeve. I also took some money, hidden, so we can buy things. Yes, I also bought him stuff to. I dragged him out here. Mine as well gift him with something. And, at first he refused. But I pulled my princess card and he obeyed.

I don't know how much we've explored, but I feeling tired and want to ride back home. "Thank you, Ser Rob, for putting up with me."

"My pleasure your highness." He smiled genuinely at me.