How All Crushes Die

"A few small housekeeping bits I'd like to go over." Paige began, "We have a lot to look forward to this season. Now I understand some of you might think that debbing is outdated. It's something you're doing to appease your families. But the Cousins Debutante Ball is a part of history..." As Paige droned on Shayla pulled out a flask. She quietly unscrewed it and poured some into her tea. She passed it to Gigi who did the same. It soon went all the way around the table, and everyone took some except Belly, when it got to me I took some as well, then handed it back to Shayla. 

"Debs, at each table there is a big sister who will guide you through the season." I had already told Paige I knew all about the season, so I didn't have one.  I sat there drinking my 'tea' and waiting. Suddenly Belly jumped up and ran out of the room. Nicole and I  gave each other confusing looks. 

"What is that about?" Gigi asked.

"Who knows." and I sipped my tea again. 

_________________________

As I was leaving the deb tea I walked down the stairs and almost slammed right into Devin."Oh my gosh, hey!" I smiled.

"Hey." he smiled as well. "I haven't seen you since, well the bonfire." 

"Yeah, the shitshow night." I laughed.

"Are you ok?" he asked, gesturing to my face. 

"Yeah I'm pretty good I think."

"Well, I still need my hoodie back, so we better meet again," he smirked.

"Yes! You do need that hoodie back."  I agree. 

"Maybe I should pick you up tonight? We could go to the roller skating rink?"

"I would love that!" 

"Good," I blushed so hard. We exchanged numbers and I left, my mood 10x better. 

__________________________________

Belly, Susannah, and I were all in Susanah's room. Belly and I were getting ready for our dates. Belly also met someone at the bonfire, his name was Cam and they were going to the drive-in movie tonight. I decided to wear my aligned Lululemon crop with a black tennis skirt and some white air force 1s. Belly was doing her makeup while Susannah was helping me with my hair. 

"You girls look really cute," Susannah commented. We both smiled. "You girls will have so much fun tonight." 

"I hope I do," I replied. Then our mom walked in. Oops, we forgot to mention our dates tonight. Susannah had finished my hair by then so I was all ready to go. 

"You girls look nice," My mom commented. 

"I can't believe crop tops are back." Susannah laughed. "Remember how I thought I was such hot shit in that baby tee I wore freshman year?" We laughed, "You girls have fun tonight!" Susannah said as Belly gave Susannah her lipstick back. 

"Are you both not driving with us?" Mom asked. 

"Um.." I mumbled. 

"Didn't they tell you? They have dates tonight!" Susannah got up smiling at us. 

"Sorry, Mom. Um, his name is Cam." Belly he tells her, looking a little guilty. 

"Yeah, his mom works at the club. Really nice boy, very smart." Susannah added. "And May is going roller skating with a  boy named Devin, he's one of Jere's friends and super sweet as well."

"It's fine." my mom chuckled. Of course, you guys can go. I've dragged you both to enough of these book parties. I hope you both have great dates." 

"Thanks," we said and we started to leave.