Switcheroos

My eyes slowly opened, "Morning May." I heard a murmur beside me. I turned toward the voice, confused. That's when I realize, I'm in bed with Jeremiah Fisher. 

"Jere, what are you..." My voice trails off as his hand reached for my face. He kissed me, rough, wanting, and passionately. And I kissed him right back, my eyes closing. I sighed. I opened my eyes, and it suddenly clicked in me. Why was Jere in my bed? "Wait, Jereimaih what are..." 

"Shh. It's ok. You and I are meant to be. May, It's always been us. How could you not see before?" His words soothed me but then I retraced my thoughts from last night and... it's another dream.

I jolted awake. Shit, not again. The truth is, everything has gotten a lot different ever since that kiss, or kisses, I might say. Kisses I can't stop thinking about. My dream could prove it. Kisses that are invading my dreams. They're invading everything. 

Eventually I got up and ready for the day but I don't think I was ready to talk to Jeremiah about the kiss. But maybe I am, liek we need to talk about it in a way. I was coming out of the shower, my towel lazily wrapping around my body and my hair dangling. As I opened the door I ran right into Jeremiah. 

"Uh, morning." He said, looking me up and down. I felt my cheeks flush at the fact that I was barely clothed. And at the fact he totally checked me out. 

"Hey," I replied awkwardly inching to my room. This si not the time for the conversation I've been dreading. 

"How'd you sleep?" He asks, great we're actually doing this. 

"Fine." Just dreaming about you making out with me. "Great. No dreams." 

"Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me," Steven yelled, running down the hall into the bathroom. Cup of coffee in hand. I roll my eyes at Steven's impeciable timing. Once he shut the door Jere began again. 

"So, uh, you excited about the volleyball tournament today?" He crossed his arms across his chest.  I gripped onto my towel tighter because I felt it slightly slipping. 

"MAY!" I heard Steven yell. He opened the door, looking pissed. "Tell Belly to stop leaving her hair on the shower wall." He held a clump of hair. It was obviously Belly's because I had a lighter shade of brunette hair than she did. 

"For sure," I rolled my eyes again, is Steven oblivious right now? Or is this completely on purpose? Either way if he interuppted us one more time I might die. 

"Thank you, it is gross." He let it dangle. "Tell her if she does it again I'll leave it all on her pillow." He once again closed the door. 

"I-I didn't want to rush you or anything, but I would like to eventually talk about what happened the other night." He finally said. Knew it, I'm just a genuis or something. 

"Y... uh, yeah, no, I mean... But, uh, you know, with- with Taylor and Emmy coming into town  and the tournament and everything..." I ran my hand through my hair. I needed an excuse and this was literally the only excuse I had. I need more time to figure out my own feelings. 

He smiled, "Gotcha. Yeah. Maybe after everything's...." His voice trails off but I get what he's trying to say. 

"Yeah." I laughed. 

"Okay." 

"Great." I smiled. "Well, I'm gonna go get dressed." 

"Well, you don't look too bad right now..." Jere smirked. Glad to knwo he's still as flirty then ever, that's Jeremiah for you. 

"I can't get my portrait painted in this, Jeremiah!" I laughed. 

"Right, right. I'll talk to you later." He chuckled.