Day 6: Against The Odds

Prompt: "Think! For once!" (Alternate prompt to substitute for "Stay quiet!")

Title: Against The Odds

Fandom: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (Literally my favorite!)

Warnings: Mentions of bruises? (I dunno if that's a warning, but better to be safe than sorry, I guess.)

Word Count: 3,073

Synopsis: With setback after setback, the remaining agents of the IMF still somehow manage to push through and make the impossible happen, but will they be able to this time? When yet another problem arises with one of their Teammates otherwise occupied to settle the situation, Agent Y/N L/N must step in and make the call which could very well be the call that saves the world from Nuclear War. But will the conflict between her own Team prevent her from doing so?

----

Against The Odds

Of course things had to go wrong.

Let's just keep adding to the list, shall we?

You drag a palm down your face in a vain attempt to stay calm, watching the expressions and stances of your Teammates around you shift towards the man behind the laptop, the clacking of keys gone silent.

"We'll just have to go into the server room from the outside," Benji states simply, offering a pained smile of reassurance, trying to ease the tension gradually building in the suite acting as your temporary base of operations.

Shaking your head and pinching the bridge of your nose, you sigh, taking a seat across from the communications expert, though your gaze isn't focused on him.

No, you're silently watching your Partner's reaction, an evidently stressed hand being raised and ran through his hair.

"And without server access?" You muse aloud, posing the question that your three other Teammates are likely wondering as well.

"No security cameras, no elevators, no nothing," Comes the reply, earning a frustrated sigh from the IMF's Chief Analyst you'd picked up back in Moscow by mere chance, while Ethan just closes his eyes with a shake of his head, wandering towards the large, floor-to-ceiling windows, muttering to himself.

"This Mission is already over before it's even begun," Brandt states plainly, disapproval laced thick in his tone as he glances at the phone in his grasp, a timer clearly set. "We're running out of time here, folks. Better get the ball rolling if we're actually gonna pull this ridiculous idea off!"

You simply sit there, sort of dumbfounded by the analyst's incapability to get a fix on the scenario and the fact that your Partner is practically pacing now, his thoughts evidently moving a mile a minute, clearly searching for an answer to the problem at hand.

"No, it's not over," You assure the room, your voice gaining everyone's attention. "We've just got to figure out how to work around this."

A silence settles as the timer continues to tick away precious seconds, your own thoughts continuing to come up empty.

It'll be locked on the outside... and picking a lock wouldn't be quick enough... and the cameras... we'd be busted almost instantly.

But then, Benji practically bolts up from his seat, an urgency you didn't even know was possible from him in his steps as he scurries towards a nearby duffel bag, murmuring to himself.

"I know I put them in here, I know I did..."

"What do you have in mind, Benji?" You urge, twisting in your seat to face where he's crouched, placing other mismatched items aside as he continues to rummage through the bag.