Four for Four

Mikey is in a field. A beautiful field filled with flowers.

The sun is warm and there is a gentle breeze flowing through the air.

He is eating with his family. Leatherhead sits beside him.

All is calm, all is good.

.

Mikey was conflicted.

He couldn't hardly look at Leatherhead the morning after his breakdown, the thought of it alone made him turn red.

However, before they could talk about what was said, he was called away by his brothers, and left to think it over on his own.

And his thoughts were driving him up the wall.

Leatherhead was troubled. Years of torture and isolation, leaving him on edge and struggling to recover. The turtle knew well what he had been through, and while the words he spoke had made his heart soar, he couldn't bring himself to burden the mutant with his troubles as well.

Despite that, some selfish part of him wanted to bare everything and let himself be comforted. He desperately wanted to relax the strings that held him tight, to crumble at Leatherhead's feet. Intensly craved for the mutant to gather him up into his arms and squeeze the life back into him. And that desire scared him.

Mikey's heart skipped a beat remembering the conversation.

"You mean very much to me..."

His body began to heat up.

"I would not be the mutant I am now without you..."

Mikey buried his face in his pillow. Why did those words turn him into mush?

Huffing, he threw his pillow against the wall. Flopping over on his back, he chose to stare at the ceiling of his room. He needed to talk to someone, someone who wasn't Leatherhead.

The turtle pulled out his shell-cell, finding his way to the message thread he had with GB. He read over what they were talking about last.

PIZZATURTLE15: honestly? that's what makes Journey Time great
Yesterday 11:32 a.m.

GrtBonk: I mean, it's much more realistic than suddenly being able to fight God
Yesterday 11:34 a.m.

Mikey chuckled to himself. The ending of that show was controversial and widely acclaimed.

He began typing.

PIZZATURTLE15: Hey, can you help me
10:13 p.m.

GrtBonk: with what
10:15 p.m.

Mikey hesitated. How was he supposed to explain it?

PIZZATURTLE15: I need some advice
10:18 p.m.

GrtBonk: idk about advice, but I can definitely give u my opinion
10:18 p.m.

Yeah, that works.

PIZZATURTLE15: okay, here's the thing. I have this friend.
10:19 p.m.

GrtBonk: oh?
10:19 p.m.

PIZZATURTLE15: shut up
10:19 p.m.
He told me the other day that I mean a lot to him and that he wants to help me in the same way I helped him.
And he told me that I could talk to him if anything was wrong, and that he'd be there for me if I needed him.
10:20 p.m.
And, I really appreciate that, and i might've cried a bit
but I don't know if I should actually tell him anything
10:21 p.m.

GrtBonk: are you complaining about having a support system? And you 'mean a lot to him?' 🤔
10:22 p.m.

Mikey blushed, and tapped at the screen harder.