Forty Seven: Come on Out!

Something was buzzing. Mikey blinked his eyes open,  groaning and stretching his sore muscles. He cracked his knuckles and attempted to sit up, only to be held down by Leatherhead. He giggled and cuddled back into his partner's side.

Just as he was about to doze off again, last night's events flooded his mind, his face lighting up red. Oh gosh! He couldn't believe all that happened on the same night! Getting chased by enemies, blown up, sent back home, sneaking out to see Leatherhead and-

His phone was ringing, and he separated from Leatherhead to try and find it. However, when he tried to stand...

"Michelangelo? Are you okay?" Leatherhead helped Mikey up from the spot on the floor where he had fallen. Overwhelmed by embarrassment, Mikey couldn't bring himself to look at his lover.

Leatherhead set him down gently on the pile and went to retrieve Mikey's phone. It was then that Mikey caught a glimpse of his tired reflection. His mask had slipped down and around his neck, the wrappings on his arms were half torn and falling off, and new bruises in the pattern of a certain somebody's claws covered his thighs. Oh, goodness.

"Michelangelo, it's Goody," Leatherhead rumbled, handing him the device. He noticed Leatherhead avert his eyes, rubbing the back of his head.

"He- ahem! Hello?" Mikey's hoarse voice mumbled out.

"Hey Mikey," Goo greeted easily, "I noticed that you, um, you aren't home?"

"Uh-" Mikey rubbed the back of his neck- "I-I'm at Leatherhead's..."

"Yeah, I figured," Goo answered, "But, um, I don't think you told anyone, did you?"

"No..."

Silence fell for a moment, Mikey watching Leatherhead going about his morning routine. 

"Mike, didn't we talk about this?"

"About disappearing without telling anyone?" Mikey's voice grew higher in pitch, "Yeah, I'm sorry,"

"It's alright, Mike," Goo said, "It's literally just a safety thing, y'know? It's why girls never pee alone,"

"Okay," Mikey giggled, "Thanks,"

"No prob, dude," Goo laughed, "But seriously, I'd get home soon, they're going wake up,"

"Oh right! See ya!"

"See ya,"

Mikey hung up, attempting to stand on his wobbly legs again. Leatherhead caught him before he tripped again, supporting him while he stood there.

"Will you be okay, Michelangelo?" The gator asked, somehow making Mikey blush deeper. He nodded stiffly, slowly stretching his legs out. 

"I gotta get back before my bros wake up," Mikey mumbled, attempting a couple of steps forward. When he was sure his legs weren't going to collapse on him, he went about collecting his items.

"Is...Is everything alright, Michelangelo?" Leatherhead asked suddenly, gaining Mikey's full attention.

"Like, with my bros and stuff?" He said slowly, "Yeah, if anything, we're better now,"

"No, I mean..." Leatherhead hesitated. Mikey stepped closer to him. "After last night,"

"After...oh," Mikey flushed once again (he was starting to get lightheaded). He tapped his fingers together, looking down. "I-I mean, I liked it, did you not...?"

"Yes! Of course I did," Leatherhead rumbled. Mikey looked back up at him. "But...I fear I may have injured you,"

Mikey's hand brushed his thigh, feeling the tender bruises throbbing there. As far as Mikey was concerned, a couple of bruises were well worth last night.