Fortune Cookie (Taekook)

#Taekookau wherein Jungkook, a food blogger and influencer is challenged by his followers to find out the origin of his favorite food item, 'Cookie'!

Intrigued by this challenge he takes help of his nerd friends Joon and Yoon to build a time machine.

According to the timeline he tentatively guessed he lands up in a historical era, where culinary genius, prince Taehyung creates a whole new recipe to impress his childhood crush prince Jungkook, to whom he lovingly calls 'Kookie'! Now the future Jungkook gets his answer indeed, but to the influencer's surprise, not just the food is named after prince Jungkook, but he himself is named after the same prince who stole Taehyung's heart!

But again, as he watches the story unfold, it turns out more and more painful. It is difficult to see the person he is named after, a person who looks exactly like him, being a total douchébag towards the friend who just confessed his love.

No, the historical Jungkook did not reject Taehyung, it's even worse.

He accepted the feelings of the other with open arms, confessed his own too but it's all just a pretense.

He wants to get Taehyung in his hold, marry him as the crowned prince; only to kîll him later, so that he can rule the both the kingdoms as his own along with his equally evil secret lover Jisung.

And the future Jungkook is just supposed to be a spectator. He is not supposed to intervene, not change the timeline...

But...

But he wants to...

He wants to help without changing the timeline, so he comes back to check if by any means he can save Taehyung. Jungkook doesn't want to see the spirits of a very gentle soul like Taehyung to break just because he chose to love a wrong person. Jungkook spends days studying the history of that timeline. It's easy for him, when he has two more nerdy friends who know the pages of every history textbook like the back of their hand, Jin and Hobi. A blessing in disguise, indeed...

According to the history books, the kind hearted prince is supposed to 'pass away' because of an 'accidental drowning', right after the wedding. So theoretically, if Jungkook could go there and get Taehyung out before the evil doppelganger of his succeeds in his plan, there shouldn't be any alterations in the timeline. The only thing that would change is the drowned body would never be found. Anyway, he doesn't plan to leave the 'saved Taehyung' in the past. He wants to bring him to the future, wrap him in a blanket and keep him safe, forever!

Truth to be told, the influencer has been a goner for the kind prince since the moment he saw him. It's like, love at first sight. And why not, the prince is a miracle, a beauty; both inside-out. So why not be the person this angel deserves, why not be the one to worship this wonder!

So he plans, he plans everything. How he would sneak to the pond, how he would drag the 'knocked out' Taehyung out and to the shore without anyone catching a glimpse, how he would bring him to the present and what he would tell Taehyung! Well, he cannot tell him the truth, and he cannot explain to him the whole time machine and influencer-thing, it would be just too much for the lad. Plus, he doesn't want Taehyung to feel like a loser if he tells him about how the 'evil Jungkook' tricked him.

So he makes a plan for that too...

Little bit of hiccups but things go as per plan, he brings the prince back to his time, still knocked out. Pretends that he met Taehyung at the riverside, and saved him from drowning after a sudden fall in the river. It's convincing. As Taehyung's mental and physical condition supports it. When Taehyung wakes up after getting the medical aid, he can only recognise Jungkook, everything else is new to him, completely foreign. When he tells the medical staff about his memories, they are confident that 'It's a brain fog due to the head trauma. Taehyung has dissociated memories.' Now they are more convinced about Jungkook's story as Taehyung 'shows' all the textbook symptoms. They suggest that he stays with someone he knows as it would help him recover.