A typical day

writer's note:

Hey readers, Iam 'Neha'. This is a fictional story inspired by few real incidents of my life. This is the first time Iam writing a story or a novel. I love writing but have only tried poetry, so this time I thought to try my hands on story. Its a journey that I wont be able to cover without your support, so please show your love by reading it. 

Character's introduction:

Naya(main lead) :5'4 tall, black hair,greenish-brown eyes,an ambivert girl who is trying hard to live optimistically after what she has been through. 

Maya:Naya's mother, a housewife, who is only devoted towards her children now. 

Samar:Naya's brother, who annoys her to death. 

Sana :Naya's colleague/friend

A typical day

'you took your lunch? 'Maya came running behind her daughter. 

'Yep, maa', Naya said wearing her sandals as she was going for her work. 

Naya's mother was a enthusiastic homemaker, ageing 40 but didn't look a day older then 30,people often said she looked as Naya's elder sister. After her husband passed, she completely took the responsibility, her children were the only strength and reason that she was living. Naya learned the art of positivity from her maa, how she dealth with the problems and still smiled everyday. But Naya taught her mother many things too..how not to be supressed by others unnecessarily, how to be confident, how to ignore what others think or say. 

Naya worked as a teacher in a school nearby. She held a post graduate degree from a reputed college in microbiology but working as a primary school teacher. 

'I will pull a rickshaw but never be a teacher' Naya could still hear her younger self bickering. 

Her father, a sanskrit teacher looked visibly hurt 'beta be what you want'. 

Naya laughed to herself thinking how stubburn she was and how life makes you do the things you never wanted. 

With her mind running randomly Naya moved towards her school bus. 

'Good morning mam' the bus bhaiya was smiling at her. 

'Good morning bhaiya', the bus started off and so did Naya's thoughts

Naya was thinking how life was cheerful before that one painful morning...... 

'Naya, Naya', the hostel warden was banging hard on the door at 4 in the morning. 

Naya came out rubbing her eyes

'talk to your aunt', warden gave her phone to Naya

'Hello'

'Ya Naya Iam coming to take you, pack few clothes and wait for me in the gate'

'But why', 'I will tell you once I get there' and then there was silence from the other side. 

Naya had this gut feeling that something bad has happened. The day earlier she was feeling restless, her maa was not picking calls who took her father to Kolkata for his cancer treatment. 

Her uncle was with her maa and brother, he too didnt let her talk to her maa. 

So now this call added up to her worries. With perturbation she packed her bag and went out. The morning breeze felt like a smack on her face today, with heavy heart she was pacing back and forth near the gate.