Annoying brother

As Naya walked into her street, someone peeped from her balcony exitedly. A smile formed on Naya's face, its her daughter(that's what she calls her) ellie, her pet dog. Ellie started barking angrily at someone, Naya turned back confused to find her other babies approaching wagging their tails. Lakhna and Lakhni, the community dogs whom she fed. It was Naya's specialty to give unique names to her fur babies, her pet cow was named badi and its daughter kajari. Lakhna-lakhni came to get some food and lots of love, so Naya gave them,Ellie was furiously barking. Naya was born and brought up in hills of Arunachal pradesh that justifies her love for the nature, the weather and locality here never amused her. She wanted to be in a place having beautiful forest, cold climate, rivers and mountains. But life had different plans for her, after her dad's death they shifted here, her hometown to look after her grandma who passed away last year. The love for animals came from her dad, it was the last thing she have of him with her, her dad taught her to love the voiceless because they teach us to love selflessly. Loving and caring for someone knowing they can't give anything back is the best form of love. So whenever she was surrounded by animals she felt her dad's presence. 

After giving them their share of love, she entered her house, her family was middle-class according to that their house was pretty good. Mint green walls, three storied,the entrance led to a open space with doors to living room and kitchen, attached to the bedroom. At one corner there were stairs to the first floor that had one study room full of the extra items. Moving forward, a balcony with pretty flower beds along the walls. Maya loved gardening and Naya loved the outcome. Then there was stairs to the top floor. Naya washed her hands when ellie came running down the stares to inspect her. She started sniffing up and down, pressing her nose where she sniffed. To distract her and calm her down, Naya took out a toffee and showed her, now this was her favourite part. Naya held the toffee brought her hand back and then extended both her hands infront of ellie to let her guess which hand had it. Ellie started scratching on the left hand immediately, when Naya uncluthed her hand it didn't have anything so ellie scratched the right. To her surprise it too didnt have it, so ellie jumped on her licking, srumbling her, the house echoed with Naya's laugh. Her mother stood there admiring their love. 

'If your cozy session has ended, could you please change so that we can have our lunch. Iam dying of hunger'

'Give me too minutes maa'

'Ya do it fast, am setting the table'

'Where is bhai?'

'Would be here somewhere playing ludo, what else will he do? ' and then there was a pause. 

Naya's brother Samar was the family's only troubled child, he was never interested in studies, he was that braty boy from an early age. Got scolded day in and day out but didnt grew. When he reached class 11 he was sent to boarding because the school her father was transfered to was till 10th. Few month past the beginning of school he started crying, complaining about the food, strict teachers and living place. Both childrens were very much adored and loved by their father, he was not able to see him suffer. So her father decided to take him out of that place but what next? He sent him to Apollo polytechnic college, chennai for polytechnic in mechanical engineering on suggestion of a cousin. That cousin was an IIT graduate and working in Ashok leyland, so their dad thought it would be best. Few months into the college, Samar started to get into every wrong possible, drinking,smoking, bunking classes and then exam, getting into love affairs and stuff. Led to back papers and more backs, he used to call Naya whenever he had a fight with his girlfriend to help him convince her or else he will die. It was stressing for Naya as she was young and never have been into this things, her only focus was to study and make her father proud. That wasnt enough, Samar took 50k laon from a loan shark just to fly to meet his girlfriend in Tripura and stay with her, when the laon shark started threating him, he asked money from all his dad's friends. When his dad came to know about it, he was embarrassed and hurt but loved him so much to abandon him. He paid that money and brought him home but stopped talking to him ever since. After Samar returned back to college he still didnt mend his ways but got placed in a company. He couldn't manage there too, complaining about the work load and stuff, then their father was diagnosed with cancer, so Samar came to be with their mother as she was alone throughout the treatment. After their father's death, Samar never went back, never cleared his paper, never got his degree, he just lived here drinking and roaming around. Naya was the sole earner of the family, even when she had an elder brother, she matured in an early age with the unwelcomed responsibilities but she never complained. She felt proud in doing things for her family cause she loved them, but sometimes thinking about her dreams she felt life is so cruel. She always imagine the ifs, if dad would have been alive may be we wouldn't be in this locality, maybe i would have been in  a phd program or a food company. But she always was optimistic, atleast she portrayed that image, maybe she was dying inside but never let that come on her face and behaviour. Wherever she was,the place and peolpe were always be laughing and smiling because of her. 

After having lunch, they started watching crime patrol, Naya's favourite show. The mother daughter duo liked guessing the culprits and discussing about it. As they were watching the show there was a loud knock on the door, Naya went to see, it was Samar. Although he was a not so good child, but their relation was quiet like every sibling, its just that now Naya has started to not like and not trust him but the sisters love always made her help him in his stupidities. As he entered he punched her on the back. 

'Maa! He punched me'Naya screamed

'Maa, did you hear anything? 'He teased

And then there was a series of Maa this maa that

'When will you both grow up, am fed up now', their mother was playing game on her phone.