A dreadful night

It was summer of 2011,Naya seemed very happy and excited as she along with her family came to her hometown for summer vacation. They get 40days summer vacation in which they had to travel back and forth from Arunachal Pradesh to Uttar pradesh, it nearly takes 4 days journey once. Remaining 30 days goes in deciding where to stay more, dad's house or mom's. Naya personally preferred her mom's house as there were many cousins she could play with, also her mom's house was in a village area where her Nanu(hindi word for maternal grandfather) owned too many lands, so she could stroll around as much she want. There were many fruit bearing trees there, it felt like heaven to her. She loved animals, there were many cows and baffalos , she could play with their babies all day. You see, you dont get these animals in Arunachal cause all there people did was eat them, you could only find dogs there. Her dad's house wasnt bad but it was a town with houses all around, vehicles on the highway ruining your peaceful day. Her paternal cousins didn't interacted now, earlier they used to but slowly everything changed and now everyone behaved like they never knew each other. Also she never felt love from her grandparents, even when they lived with them, they loved her father's elder brother and his children more than her family. So, she was mostly excited about going to her Nanu's house, even her father liked being there. Do you know her mother-father's marraige story? No, right let me tell you. So, her mother's village was also her father's maternal home and his house was around two three houses away from Naya's mother's house. His father, Sunil 21 years old at that time had three brothers and three sisters. His father was a school teacher who retired, so the income of the house wasn't much. After completing his degree he didn't find any job and living in that house wasn't easy with bossing and bullying brothers around. So, he and his younger brother went to their maternal home, their grandfather was a wealthy jamindar. There he bought a grain grinding machine and started his business just infront of Maya's house. So, now the story differ according to both. Naya's father told her that 'your mother used to come daily using different excuses just to see him' whereas her mother said 'huh, I didn't even know you, why would I come, I had no other choice when no one was at home I had to go'. 

So there they met and get to know each other, not exactly knew each other but were familiar. After two three years Sunil started having disagreement with his grandfather,so he closed the business and came back to his own house. Just then Maya's family started searching a groom for her, when someone suggested Sunil's name as he was a good person. Maya didn't have any say in it, in old times it was like this,girls never had any choice, it was fixed by her parents. She was just 15,she didnt knew what to say. But thats when story becomes interesting, so Sunil went to meet Maya just before the marraige and said 'are you okay with the marraige or are you doing it under pressure, if you are afraid I will help you and not marry'. It was then when Maya realised that Sunil was a good person and they married happily. Its after there marraige that Sunil got job in Arunachal and they shifted there, for that Naya was always thankful to her father, she said their life would have been a complete mess if they remained here. 

So, Naya was excitedly packing her bag as they were leaving for her mother's house. They boarded the bus which will drop them at their destination within half an hour. The journey was quite fun with her father telling her about the random things passing. When they reached the village, they had a 15 min walk till the house, which Naya seemed very happy to cover. 

'Mamaaa!', Naya screamed when she saw her uncle. 

'Speak of the devil and the devil arrives', her mama teased her. She frowned and went on to meet all her cousins and relatives. As it was summer time all the cousins were here. She left her things and went to play with her cousins. She was happy, they were going to stay here for a  few days. 

Next morning, Naya and her father went to the farm house were her grandparents lived. Her uncle's family lived inside village and her grandparents lived in the farm house, yes everything was fine between them, just supersition was the problem. You see after her grandparents married, many of their newborn child died or born dead. So someone told them to live out of village for few years, so they made a house in their fields and lived there. But after many years, having children too, they didnt return, they started living there itself. 

So, as Naya and her father were approaching the farm house, someone came in bike behind them. They turned to find Nikhil, Naya's favourite elder cousin, she loved being around him. 

'Namaste uncle! And how are you princess? '

'Fine', Naya smiled. 

'Nikhil can you teach her riding bike?', Naya once told her father her wish to learn bike and he did remember. 

'Now! ' Naya looked at her father, raising her brow

'Yes, you will not get a better chance then this', her father encouraged. 

'Yah, come on, I dont have any problem', said Nikhil

So, Naya sat on the bike and Nikhil sat behind her to control the bike. He started the bike and now he was teaching her to accelerate and move the bike. 

Once started, Naya was very happy that she was able to ride the bike, they went on in the main road and now were far away from the house in a secluded place. 

She was enjoying and giving silly remarks as of her habit, when she felt Nikhil's breath on her neck, it was close enough for her to notice but it wasn't unusual right, he was at the back so its obvious. Naya brushed it off, just then she felt his nose brushing on her neck, it felt like he was sniffing her and his warm breath was nearly burning her skin. Well she had been close to Nikhil and he touched her many times, but this touch was different, it was making her uncomfortable. But was it right to think that way, he was her brother, it might have been a mistake. She moved a bit away from him, just to be on the safe side and he moved closure. This was it, Naya was now losing it. 

'Bhai lets call it a day, am not feeling well. Lets go back'

'Are you okay?'

'Yes, just have to rest little bit'

So they went back to the house, where she spend her day strolling around in the fields, talking to her grandparents and eating. 

They came back at night. So basically Naya had three uncles, elder one had seperated himself and was now living in a different house adjacent to the main house. Nikhil was his only son and he had two sisters, one of Naya's age. So, mostly Naya went for sleepovers in their house. That day too, she went for sleepover after having dinner. They used to sleep in the terrace. So that night they slept chatting. Naya was sleeping in the corner then nikhil's sisters. Nikhil was sleeping on the other side of the terrace. 

At midnight,Naya felt someone laying behind her, by the time she could realise anything, a hand went under her top. She was more than just shocked to say, it was Nikhil, why was he doing this? 

The hand started to move up slowly, she was numb, hurt and speechless. She wanted to scream but no words were coming out. She pretended to be asleep as she didnt know what to do. But she brought her hand below her chest and held it tight, but the hand wasn't backing off. Naya held her hand with all her might, praying someone will wake up and free her from this predator who was a stranger to her. She didnt knew this person who lost all his sense of relation, he was blinded with lust. He was trying hard to put his hand under her bra and he almost succeded, when Naya knowingly called sara, Nikhil's sister which shocked Nikhil and he moved away pretending to find water for drinking. Naya didnt have words to say, she was heartbroken, the person who was supposed to keep her safe and protect her, harrassed her. She couldnt sleep the entire night, just a 15 year old girl experiencing this must have been so hard. She cried the whole night, replaying the scene and trying to justify it, maybe he was drunk, maybe he thought I was someone else, maybe he was sleep walking and he wasn't in his senses. But more than this what actually broke her was that how could her molester behave in the same way the very next morning?How wasnt he ashamed of himself? But he had that guts to come and talk to her the same way. But even looking at him disgusted Naya, she bathed frantically thinking about the night, rubbing the parts where that dirty hands lay so hard that it almost bleeded. This incident led her being an OCD patient, she bathed very often rubbing the parts. She didn't share this with anyone, she didnt knew how to, maybe no one will believe her, maybe they would but what will she say that her brother molested her. Then how would she come here again, how will she face everyone, it was too much for a young girl. 

She stopped going to their house and never met him, she escaped and hide from him. So today looking at him sitting in her house, laughing around, she was burning from inside. She couldnt stop her tears, she let them out.