Appointment

Flashback:
'Mom, wheres my superman undi', Ivaan shouted from his room

'In the first drawer of your cupboard',

'Its not there mom, Iam already late, please come and give me'

'I am busy'

'Let me see what you're doing that you are not helping your only son mom. When my eyes are on.. On.. ', Ivaan came out dancing from the room in towel, when he saw a very timid girl sitting in the sofa he froze, his hand mid air, eyes wide. The girl looked at him in shock and then lowered her eyes as she could see the knot of the towel untying, her eyes increased in size. Ivaan realised what she was looking at and could feel the towel grip loosening, just when the towel was about to fall he held it, the girl closed her face as a scream escape her mouth and Ivaan's too. He held his towel and ran towards his room and dashed on the wall, there was an awkward silence and then Ivaan slided slowly to his room and closed his door. Ivaan could hear the girl laughing her heart out.
Mrs. Taneja came out of the kitchen to see where the loud noise came from.
'Ivaan open the door, Ivaan', she entered the room to see a red bump on Ivaan's head.
'What happened', 'you happened mom', Ivaan rolled his eyes
'Atleast tell me beforehand when you bring someone home, you made such a fool of me infront of her'

'Ohh so someone is insecure about being presented infront of her like that? ', Mrs. Taneja teased him

'Ha ha very funny, now how long will she stay'
'We havent decided, she is not able to adjust in the NGO, I havent told your dad yet. Dont know how he will react, he doesnt like this'
'Chill mom, he will be ok and anyhow he is barely at home, so why would it matter'
'Ya, but we will have to inform him. Leave it now, come out and have tea'. Mrs. Taneja was a kind lady who took care of everyone, she had an NGO working for poor, women and animals. She dedicated her life for them, going beyond everything. Mr. Taneja didn't like that as she didn't even cared for her health and well being when it came to helping others and she trusted anyone very easily. Sometimes she brought the troubled once in her house and that made Mr. Taneja very angry because he didn't wanted anyone else to be in his house as it affected their privacy.

Ivaan dressed and came to the breakfast table where Mrs. Taneja and the girl was already seated.
'Ivaan, she is kiara. Kiara, he is my world my son Ivaan'
There was an awkward eye contact and smile between them, they had breakfast and Ivaan left for college.

Present:
Mumbai is the place that brings back all the memories, Ivaan was thinking all this while sitting in his car, that was moving towards his destination in Mumbai. He had to come here urgently due to some work, but is going to visit his old home now and also the man who was searching the person Ivaan wanted to meet.

Naya ran down the street, towards the main road as fast as she can. She was late, very late, for her interview. She couldn't just mess up this opportunity. Her resignation was already a big blow to her family.
Two days back when she came home after resigning, Maya knew something wasn't right even tough Naya pretended to be fine.
'Is everything ok? Did you have a fight with Sana? '
'No maa, everything is ok'
'Its ok if you dont want to tell me but dont pretend infront of me, do you think I won't understand you'
'Its not that maa', after a long pause, 'I have resigned maa'
'What? But why? You are thinking to resign right? '
'No maa, I have resigned'
'But why would you? Everything was okay till morning. What happened suddenly? '
Naya's eyes couldn't hold back the tears anymore, she told everything to her mom. It took a while for Maya to digest all the information, she was really worried how the house expense would go on, but she had to support her daughter too.
'Dont worry, you didnt do anything wrong. We will think of something, now cheer up and change, lets have lunch'.

Food didn't go down her throat as Naya was thinking over and over her decision, 'did I do the right thing? Have I made a big mistake? Was it necessary? Yes, I did right. What else could I have done in that situation? But now what will I do? How the monthly expense will be dealth? There is no other job here that pays a good amount. Oh shit, I have ruined everything'. She went to her study room, locked herself and laid on the bed.
With all this thoughts running through her mind, she didn't realise when sleep took over.

She woke up at 8 to her phone buzzing off, it must have been vibrating for a long time as it woke her up. She picked the call
'Hello'
'Hi, is this Ms. Naya? '
' ya, speaking. Who are you?'
'I think you forgot about our last call. Iam Naitik from MIV pharma ltd. We spoke last time about the job. '
'Ya and I remember saying no'
'We have a vacancy and its really important to fill it, think over it, visit us once, just for an casual interview and if you dont like it, no one is forcing you to be here. But atleast give it one chance'.
There was a minutes pause in which Naya thought about how the call came exactly when she  needed it. She has already lost her job, she needs one as soon as possible and Sana told about the company, its a good one. Whats wrong in trying once?.
'Ok, I will come for the interview'.
'Great, then day after tomorrow come to the main office in Karwi, I will send you the address and time. See you then'.
'Okay'.
Her night went on in researching about the company.
Naya was lucky enough to get a bus but unluncky enough to get an overloaded one. She pushed through the crowd and got herself a place where she would not fall atleast. She stood there, checking her phone, revising all the answers she had made up for the common interview questions. After 1 long hour, she reached Karwi,she called Naitik as he said he would send someone to get her.
'Hello, sir I reached Karwi'.
You are late'.
'Am sorry sir, I know but the bus drivers are not under my control'.
'Good one, be there Iam sending the driver'.
'But how would he recog....', the line disconnected.
Just 15min later a car stopped infront of Naya, Naya looked here and there to avoid looking desperate, there was no chance that this car came for her. Who would send such expensive car to pick me,an interviewer up. But to her surprise the driver came out,
'Mam please get inside the car, we are getting late'
Naya looked here and there, 'are you talking to me? '
The man nodded, 'Naitik sir has to go somewhere, so he told me to bring you fast, please lets go'
Naya got in the car, she was mesmerised by the interior but she diverted her focus to her file and her interview.
As they moved ahead, Naya was taking in the view, the greenery of the place. This place was literally here all this time, she never knew about it. They were moving in a thick forest road, nothing was in view, now she started to get worried. Am I in the right car?? Am I going to reach the company? She could see the driver looking in the rear view mirror and he smiled. This added up to her overthinking mind, am I being kidnapped? Was this all a trap?? I didn't even bring my pepper spray. Shitttt, how can I get out of the car.. Now Naya started searching videos of escaping from a moving car in youtube......
                   To be continued