Cold hearted

Naya woke up to ellie licking her face, it was sunday and Naya over slept from her usual wake up time. So ellie took the responsibility to wake her up. Naya enjoyed sleeping, it was her way to escape the reality , the stress, the problems. Whenever she was upset, her body needed sleep, she didn't even have to try for that,her body did it naturally. If ever it was difficult for her to sleep, it only meant she is messed up.

'Stop ellie, stoppppp', ellie started jumping here and there over her and Naya had to wake up.

It was a lazy day, after freshening up Naya made tea for three, the family had tea together atleast her mom and she did because Samar had the habit of drinking cold tea. He would put the tea filled glass in water and drink it at once. So it took only 1min for him to drink the tea, Naya and her mother gossiped and took sips of tea. Naya used to help her mother in the household works very much, so after having tea both did the chores together. Immediately after finishing her work Naya took her ongoing novel 'The terrorist' and climbed the stairs to terrace merrily.She loved her terrace as it was filled with plants and flowers, she felt solace looking at them. Naya loved reading, it gave her the sense of satisfaction, she lived with the characters, their emotions, their troubles, their achievements all were hers. Its rightly said, 'a reader lives a thousand lives before he dies'. Sun was scorching but she got a shady corner to hide and then started her reading journey.

At a distance,in a place called karvi, a 26years old, 6'1 tall, Ivaan was pacing enraged in his office. The massive dark colored room looked like a place out of time,cold and bleak with dim light. Nearly empty, there was a huge glass table in the end of the room, an enormous whale painting on one wall. The other wall was turned into a library with what it felt like millions of book. A ladder lean at the end of the wall, uesd to get the books. The convertable grey sofa was like a oasis in this desert,where you can find comfort and peace. Ivaan is a multi-milionaire owing the MIV pharma ltd. which deals in all sorts of phramacueticals. He inherited this company from his father which he was never intrested in but his father's deteriorating health forced him to. He expanded the company massively, when he came into power. The company had its headquarter in Mumbai that was shifted to his hometown karwi after his mother's death. He was a very ruthless and cold-hearted perfectionist,he wanted everything to be as he please, if not done, be ready to face the consequences. Work was the only thing he lived for and wanted the same from others.Not a single person other than his best friend jojo(who is also his manager),ever saw him smiling.

He had a meeting today at 2'o clock with an important client, but it was 10 past 2 now and the file he asked for wasnt on his table. Delay in work plus the embarrassment of not showing up for the meeting filled him with rage.

There was a soft knock on his door and then entered a woman looking pale with fear, she trembled, her heart lurched as she handed over the file to her boss. Her fear spiked when their eyes met, her legs were wobbly by now and she sweated.

Ivaan read the report.

'This is what you call preparing report' , he bawled

'You took so long to prepare this shit, you call it work. Am I paying you to just sit here, gossip and put money in your pocket. Because of you I was let down and made fun of infront of my clients.you are fired and I will make sure you are blacklisted' he threw the file on her face, the office was filled with rustling of paper. Ivaan sat on his chair and started working.

Tears started to form in the woman's eyes as she bent over to pick her hardworked papers. She fought back the tears to see clearly, as she bundled up the papers and got up. Without uttering a word she moved out of the office, just then a worried faced Jojo entered hurryingly.

'Was it required?' Jojo asked angrily

'What?'

'Shouting on her, everybody was listening, how can you shout on someone like that? This is the reason people dont stay in this office'.

'I dont care who was listening and i dont give a damn if they stay or leave. Am the one paying and I want work, if they cant work then its better if they leave. Its your work to find people who can work'.thundered Ivaan

'You are just impossible sometimes', Jojo left the room in anger.

Ivaan got up and moved towards his library, his calming down pill. He got up the ladder and started to explore through the collection, every weekend there were some new books added by Jojo. Ivaan needed this many books cause he hardly left his office, not also for sleep. He rarely went home, he slept in the office itself, if he could. He was only away from office when he went on bussiness trips, its the only time the staff relaxed or else they were always on high alert and anxious about what will happen next? or who will be fired?.

After going through the books he picked 'The passenger', got down from the ladder and lay on the sofa and started reading in a desperate attempt to find sleep. He had insomnia so he tried every possible ways to get some rest at any time of the day.

Naya was at the edge of falling asleep in the terrace itself when her mother's loud call awakened her.

'Naya? Naya? Come down fast'

Naya collected all her things and hurried down eyeing the fresh pennywort blooming along the stairs, the pink, yellow and white flowers felt like cherry blossom.

'What maa? '

'Do have any sense of self-care? just took your book and went up without eating anything, its already past 1 o'clock now', scolded her maa.

'Calm down my pretty mooommmmyyyy, I wasn't feeling hungry so I didn't have, you know me how big foodie Iam na'. She said in her defense and then the cute fight went on.

Two polar opposite people, one a smiling girl who makes everyone around her happy and a cold hearted boy who makes everyone shiver around him. A primary school teacher and a multi millionaire living far apart, are they going to meet ever? If yes, how? But lets keep in mind those who are destined to meet will eventually do so and follow the journey of Ivaan and Naya to know......