Chapter 1

Fuli walked through the Pride Lands, not far from Pride Rock. She knew today would be an eventful day. Earlier that day, Simba, the King of the Pride Lands and also Kion's father, told him and the Lion Guard to take the fight with Scar into the Outlands. Kion had assigned the Guard to gather the animals of the Pride Lands to Pride Rock to fight in the upcoming battle, she was going to gather the crocs and antelopes, Beshte was going to gather the elephants and rhinos, Anna and Ono were going to gather to birds, and Bunga...well Bunga was going to get the galagos.

Fuli walked over to the lake where the crocodiles resided. "Makuu!"

"What is it?" came an arrogant reply. Bubbles flew out of the water as a green crocodile head made itself visible, judgmental eyes glaring at her.

Typical Makuu, she thought to herself. She then rolled her eyes and spoke; "We're going to invade the Outlands with all the Pride Landers help. We need the crocodiles to participate in the attack."

"Fine," Makuu replied arrogantly, then turned around to other greenish forms floating about in the water and shouted; "Float! The Pride Lands needs us to participate in an attack on the Outlands!" Makuu's float obediently got out of the water and followed Fuli to Pride Rock.

When they got to Pride Rock, Fuli saw that the rest of the Lion Guard had gathered all of the animals, they were all training for the battle.

"Alright crocs, you know the drill." Fuli said. The 'drill' meant battle training for defense on the Outlander attacks. But this time, it was the Pride Landers attacking.

She then lied down at the foot of a hill. It had been a long day for her. Then, she heard something before noticing it was Kion walking nearby, oblivious to her presence. He was so nearby that she could hear very faint singing.
"Is this my last night
Before the biggest day of my life
Can one more big fight
Put an end to all this strife
Will we finally end this war
Who can know for sure"
Fuli felt a pang of guilt at his words, he had became thrust into a war at such a young age, and he grew up like that. Sometimes, it seemed he forgot what it was like to have fun - he was always surprised when the Guard offered him a day off occasionally. He had carried the guilt of accidentally summoning Scar back all this time. He'd also sometimes have nightmares about Scar destroying the Pride Lands and... himself and his family. Fuli walked near him, him still being oblivious to her presence. She started to sing.
"There goes my worried friend
Taking time to think on his own
But when he must defend
He won't be alone
I'll be there by his side
Go with him stride by stride"
She then saw Beshte and Bunga standing nearby. They then joined in.
"So bring it on tomorrow
When the Pride Lands unite
We're going in to battle"
"With bravery"
"And might"
"We'll always do what's right
We'll stand as one and fight
With the end almost in sight
On the last night"
Fuli then saw Ono fly by, scouting the area. He then, also started to sing.
"Everything looks safe and sound
But I want to be sure
One more fly around
Will help reassure
The skies all seem clear
No sign of danger here"
Fuli then heard Kion start to sing again.
"Yeah, I know everything's in place
Still those doubt's make my thoughts race
Need someone to put my mind at rest
Before I take this final test"
The Guard joined up at the top of the hill.
"So bring it on tomorrow
When the Pride Lands unite
We're going into battle
With bravery and might
We'll always do what's right
We'll stand as one and fight
With the end almost in sight..."
Fuli glanced a reassuring look at Kion, reminding him he won't be alone.
"On the last night."
Kion finished, then the Guard all walked away to continue training for the battle. Fuli cast once last glance at the team, then walked away to continue battle training with the Pride Landers. She knew that, no matter what, Scar will be defeated. As a very wise animal once told her; 'Good always prevails over evil, in time.'

Scar would be defeated, and she would make sure of that.

XXXX

It was time for the attack on the Outlands. The previous night, Janja had came to them with valuable information, the way how to defeat Scar. Fuli at first doubted Janja truly switched sides, and she still doubted it now, but, as Makuu, the Pride Lands crocodile leader, had made a good point then, that if Janja's information was useful, they should use it to beat Scar. Now, he, and the rest of the Pride Landers were going to attack the Outlands.
Fuli then heard the Pride Landers battle cry:

"We'll fight for what's right," Kion began.

"Pride Landers unite!" the Pride Landers finished.

Time for the attack.

They charged in and violence was everywhere. Claws were unsheathed and ripping out fur. Fuli tried not to look, as she and the Lion Guard needed to get to the top of the volcano to defeat Scar, as Janja had said before, 'Only Kion can defeat him, by using the Roar. But it's gotta be the most powerful Roar you've got. And you've got to Roar inside the top of the volcano so the flames of the volcano overwhelm Scar.'

Luckily, the Pride Landers, Jasiri and her clan, and Janja and his clan held off the enemies while the Lion Guard made their way to the top of the volcano. Fuli felt the stone under her paws getting hotter as they got closer to their destination.

When they arrived in the caldera, Scar, as expected, was waiting for them. Although his eyes were blank and white they still held the most menacing and twisted evil glare Fuli had ever seen. "Kion, Lion Guard. Welcome," came the fiery lion head's menacing 'greeting' as they charged closer on the overhang of the lava.

"He does know why we're here doesn't he?" Bunga whispered to Kion.

"I know why you think you're here." Scar said slyly. "But destiny can be full of surprises. Ushari, now!"

Then, faster then Fuli could blink, a red snake jumped up and bit Kion in the eye. Kion fell to the ground. The Guard all gasped in horror and shock. No!

"Ushari!" Bunga exclaimed, then tackled the snake off of Kion. Kion rolled back over, the cut on his eye now visible.

Fuli was horrified. It's like Scar's.

Scar laughed maniacally, then started to mock Kion. "Sisi ni sawa Kion. Now you'll have a scar, just like me. Sisi ni sawa means we're the same," Scar mocked. "Though you're made of flesh, and I'm made of flame."

A low growl escaped Fuli, barely audible to those around her and she took a step forward.

"We're not the same!" Kion yelled, "I'll never be like you Scar!"