Chapter 14

The Lion Guard were currently taking the snow monkeys to a hot spring Anga had spotted. The hot spring had everything they listed when Fuli asked what they want in a new home. Except of course, the ice slide. The hot spring also had many trees nearby. They were scared that if there were trees nearby, large birds would make their homes in them. But other than that, the hot spring had everything they needed.

Fuli stopped suddenly. She felt a sudden sharp pain in her scar. What? Why do I have a scar? Dizziness overcame her. A nauseous feeling creeped it's way into her gut. She felt miserable. But she was determined not to show the rest of the Guard any weakness, so she carried on. Fuli saw herself glance back at her. Wait what? Apparently she saw that something was bothering her, because she came to check on her.

"Kion, are you okay?" she asked her, her voice filled with worry. Fuli was confused. Why is she calling me Kion? A realization then hit her. That's what I asked Kion when we were taking the snow monkeys to their new home! She then glanced ahead for a second and sure enough the snow monkeys were there.

"I'm fine Fuli!" she snarled, not loud enough for the others to hear. Wait what? Why did I snarl at her? Then another realization hit her. That's exactly how Kion responded! Fuli thought she saw the other Fuli flinch, but she must have imagined it. The other Fuli turned back around and carried on with the Guard. Fuli didn't think she would convince her so easily. Her suspicions were confirmed when she saw her whisper something into Makini's ear, though Fuli couldn't hear what they were saying, she knew it was about her. She then looked down at her fur. She saw the fur didn't look like hers. It looked like Kion's.

The vision then faded and was replaced by a burning tree. The flames engulfed it so much that she could barely see the tree. Then a voice spoke to her. "You must help him before it's too late."

Then a light brown furred lioness with soft yet wise green eyes walked into sight. The lioness spoke to her. "When water and flames meet, scars and secrets will bleed, and the trees will blaze with fire," the lioness said. Then faster then Fuli could blink, she vanished.

Fuli blinked open her eyes. Kion stood in front of her. Fuli saw that he was injured, cuts and bruises all over him. But despite his wounds he looked like the happiest lion she had ever seen.

"Fuli! You're awake!" he exclaimed.

"Kion!" she exclaimed happily and they immediately shared a nuzzle. Fuli tried to sit up, but felt a wave of dizziness in her head and immediately fell back on her belly, groaning.

"Fuli, are you okay?" Kion asked worriedly.

"Yeah..." She felt a sting in her head, "...for the most part."

Fuli realized that he was trying to contain his excitement, but he was failing miserably. He was grinning from ear to ear. "I'm so glad to see you." She looked around. "Where am I?"

Kion frowned at this. "You're in a place where they captured me, held me prisoner, and took my Roar so I can't escape so easily. And now they want to keep me here forever. As for you, they wanna keep you prisoner so your dad will hand over all of his territory to this lion pride, the Sun Pride."

Fuli was shocked. "Kion," she began. She sat up, having no problem because the wounds the lion gave her weren't so serious, just a few claw marks here and there. "Tell me everything about how the white lioness took your Roar..." She trailed off, realizing Kion wouldn't have any idea of what she just said.

But instead of being confused, Kion looked shocked. "H-how did you know about that?"

"What do you mean? That was just a dream."