Cupid Is Stupid

You know what's the worst part of being in a book series?

Is that the author has absolutely no self control and skips to days like this. Valentine's Day.
A day of love for some, a day to remind yourself why you hate the human race for others. It seems that the child Cupid who has nothing else to do in his life, has struck the class.

'I'm going to confess to Teruhashi this valentine's Day, I know it!'

'My bae is the sweetest, I'm taking her to the park for our first kiss!'

'Since we're both Otakus, me and my valentine are watching the valentine special of "Oh my goodness: I got ise'kaid into my video game as a broke goddess" together!'

Okay, who's the idiot thinking of the titles of the animes cause I think they honestly find it funny every time somebody says the name. Anyways, to be lonely on this day means no partner to please, meaning a whole day to myself. Ah, to be an emotionless, lonely psychic.

I was walking into the girl's bathrooms to wash my hands when I overhead a conversation since that's what girls mostly do here.

"So, Kokomi, who's the lucky guy that might be getting chocolates from you?"

"You know me, I'm too busy with my studies to focus on boys, I'm just focused on making the best of highschool and making friends," Teruhashi replied.

'Actually, I was thinking of giving chocolates to Saiki and |L/N| this year but if I did, they might get kidnapped or worse!'

No thank you, as much as I love sweets, I'm not interested in getting kidnapped by a Teruhashi based cult of some sorts so gladly eat those or better yet give them both to Saiki, he seems like one of those people who'd enjoy being kidnapped by boys being struck by puberty.

I was walking out to the class when suddenly, I was handed chocolates by Hairou.

"I'm giving everybody who participated well in dodgeball a chocolate, remember that immediately after you eat them to exercise with 10 laps around your house to burn the fat!" Hairou said before he bunny hopped away with a small sack of chocolates behind his back. I sighed and made my way to my desk where I saw chocolate crumbs wrapped, a sticky note was near it saying;

'I got hungry while waiting, sorry.

Mera<3'

Wow, friendship goals, huh? I sighed again and tossed the chocolate and the chocolate crumbs into my desk's locker. I stood up to adjust my stupid rusty chair when suddenly delicately wrapped chocolates hit my forehead and slid into my hands.

'Oh God, if my two chocolates made it to Saiki and |L/N|, I'll pray to you every day and night. Just this one, tiny wish from your angel.'

Must be nice to be favoured by God, huh. And as much as I like chocolates, I'm again not willing to be kidnapped. I walked towards Saiki's locker and gently put it on top as if somebody has dropped it there. I then open up my own bag filled with chocolates so yes I'm not a completely heartless, I first of put one on Mera's and Hairou's locker then I stopped a bit when I reached Teruhashi's.

*Flashback*

"Darling! Make sure to make chocolates for your classmates this valentine!"

''Isn't giving somebody chocolates a romantic thing-"

"You've only talked about one friend since your leaving, it'll be a way to make friends! ... I know you that's what your mother would've wanted, for you to be smiling with a lot of friends."

I froze up slightly when I heard him mention 'her' but then I sighed and just nodded.

"Whatever, just don't be surprised when I complain about a perv that's been stalking me."

*Flashback END*

I groaned as I put the chocolate on top of Teruhashi's locker, I proceeded to put the chocolates on everybody's locker until I reached the last person, Kusuo Saiki's locker. Unfortunately for me, the only chocolates that were left were the ones that had a coffee jelly, a flavour that I become addicted to recently, filling which I was saving for myself. I groaned loudly as I put it on top of Saiki's locker.

I then sat down as the bell for the second class began, everybody was pleasantly surprised especially Shun Kaido who instantly turned red and started repeatedly saying in his head, '... Chocolates... From a... GIRL!'

*Saiki's POV*

It seems that some of my 'friends' have decided to give me chocolates which I have to say makes me happy I'm eating chocolate, makes me upset it's from them. I sat down at my desk to see a small, delicately wrapped up box. I open it to see about half a dozen different shapes of chocolates. I instantly forget myself and put one in my mouth as the all so familiar flavour pops in my mouth.

Coffee Jelly.... 'Who's the god who sent me this?' . I checked for a name tag and saw a small note saying:

'Happy Valentine, Saiki'
From |L/N|
P.S- There are no romantic feelings attached to this nor the chocolate.'

I didn't know why but there was a little heart sink when I read the note for some reason. It's strange but to be honest when you're in both an anime and manga series watched and read by 'perverts for 2ds' and 'simps for my anime husbandos and waifuus', you can't expect normal shenanigans. I just closed the box and put it aside when I spotted something.

A box of chocolates with a note saying from Teruhashi.

Out of fear for my well being, I teleported the thing to who knows where. I'm not scared of the Teruhashi cult but I rather not get involved with psychotic idiots. I just sighed as leaned back into my chair, two chocolates from Teruhashi, is that woman that obsessed? I just sighed as the class started.

'Good grief'

*Time skip*

It was the end of school meaning I could go back home with less lovey dovey valentine's Day thoughts, plus Mom was making beef curry.

I was walking in my much needed lonesome when I saw |L/N|, like a normal person I was about to turn around to avoid her when she suddenly disappeared from my sight.

'Did she just...?'