ACT 5 VOL 1

☆~POV FIRST~☆

I awaken, and remember what happened the previous evening. I sit up, and notice Penny staring at me with an uneven face.

Eramus: "Ah, sorry about yesterday. That was... a stupid thing to get mad about."

Penny has a slight smile, but still seems lost in thought.

Penny: "It's alright. But um... I have a question."

Eramus: "Hmm? What is it?"

Penny: "Do you happen to know a word for, liking someone past a friend, or best friend even? I've been struggling with finding a word for it."

Oh shit.

Eramus: "U-uhm, well, you might wanna a-ask Ciel, or Kirali. They know more about that than me."

Penny: "You seem... nervous."

Eramus: "HahaIdon'tknowwhatyou'retalkingaboutbyeeee!"

I spouted out the sentence as I jumped out of the window, directly into Kirali's metal hand.

Kirali: "SCANS INDICATE YOU ARE EMBARRASSED. WOULD YOU LIKE TO EMBARK?"

Eramus: "Yes..."

I embark, and sit there feeling like crawling into a hole.

☆~POV THIRD~☆

Penny, confused, stands up and goes to find Ciel. She walks for a bit, before finding her reading in the library.

Penny: "Ciel? I have a question."

Ciel looked up, and closed her book, sitting up straight.

Ciel: "Yeah? What is it?"

Penny: "Well, I wanted to know if you know a term for liking someone more than a best friend?"

Ciel: "Ah. Yeah. You have a crush on someone?"

Penny: "Is that what it's called? A crush? Well, yes. I tried asking Eramus, but she seemed to be nervous about it. Do you think she doesn't..."

Penny started to seem worried.

Ciel: "Actually, from that reaction, I'd say she feels the same. You see, if what she says is true, then she's probably never experienced anything like this, and doesn't want to mess it up. But, I'd also ask Kirali. She knows Eramus more than I do."

Penny: "Ah, alright!"

Penny seemed slightly happier, which was amusing for Ciel to see. As soon as Penny left, she sent a message through her scroll to Kirali.

Ciel : 'Hey Kirali. Penny's coming. Tell her Eramus isn't there, make up an excuse if you have to.'

Kirali: 'UNDERSTOOD'

Ciel closed her book, and went to stand below their dorm's window, where Kirali is. Penny climbs out, and sits on Kirali's hand, unaware of Eramus being in the cockpit.