Sweet Dreams: Aemond Targaryen

Aemond had taken notice of how tired you looked that morning at breakfast, and this wasn't the first time he had noticed it either since your arrival at Kings Landing almost a week ago

Aemond had taken notice of how tired you looked that morning at breakfast, and this wasn't the first time he had noticed it either since your arrival at Kings Landing almost a week ago. At first, he thought you were having trouble adjusting to sleeping in a new place but now he was beginning to think that something else was the reason. 

After breakfast you made your way to the library, wanting to be alone with your thoughts while you read. You sat at the table reading "The Old Tales Of Valaryia" when your eyes started to feel heavy as the sleep you had been missing out on, was finally catching up to you. 

Aemond was finally done with his duties that for once he didn't want to deal with today, instead more worried about you, he went to find you in hopes that he could talk about your lack of sleep and what was causing it. After talking with some maids, he found out that you were last seen in the library, and he made his way there. He walked in and immediately stopped in his tracks because there you were fast asleep with your head in your book, he had to admit you looked so peaceful right now but then part of him was worried about what could've happened to you in this state. 

"Sweetness, sweetness." He said gently shaking you and watching as you started waking up. 

"Hey, sleepyhead, when I recommended "Old Tales Of Valaryia" I didn't realize it would put you to sleep." He said teasing you as marked your page in the book before closing. 

"I swear it's not the book, I'm actually enjoying it. I just haven't been sleeping that well since I got here." You said to him watching as a small smile appeared on his face. 

"I'm glad to hear that. Speaking of your sleep habits, I could help but notice how tired you've looked that past week, do you think we could talk about that?" He asked as your eyes went wide not realizing that someone had noticed. 

A couple of months ago, while your parents were away dealing with some business it was just you and your brother at your home when some of your father's enemies broke into the castle more specifically into your room, where they had tied you up and were planning on doing more to you until your brother arrived in the room scaring them off. It had traumatized you deeply as every time you closed your eyes you imagined the worst things possible. 

Aemond noticed the shaking of your hand and the tear sliding down your face and wrapped his hand around yours making you look at him. It was then he realized that you had gone through something traumatic just as he did when he lost his eye. 

"Sweetness, you don't have to tell me if you are not ready, but just know that my door is always open for when you can't sleep." He said. 

"I couldn't possibly..." You started to say but he stopped you. 

"I'm offering, I don't know what you went through but I do know going through something traumatic, I still experience some restless nights from losing my eye. So if you ever have trouble sleeping or want to talk, my door is always open." He said squeezing your hand and placing a kiss on your forehead. 

"Thank you Aemond, that means alot." You said to him giving him a soft smile. 

It took you a couple of nights to actually work up the courage to actually find comfort in Aemond when you couldn't sleep but after the nightmare, you woken up from, you wanted nothing more than to be in his arms. You quietly made your way through the tunnels, towards his room as he had shown you a few nights ago and when you got there, you found him awake reading a book before lifting his eye to meet yours. 

"I'm glad you came sweetness, let me just..." He said reaching for his eye patch not wanting to scare you. 

"Please don't. I would like to see all of you, as you are seeing all of me right now." You said with your hands placed on his making his heart swell that you weren't scared of him right now. 

"As you wish sweetness. Do you need anything?" He asked. 

"Do you think you could hold me?" You asked nervously but being in his arm sounded really nice right now. 

"Of course, would you like to hear about the book I'm reading right now?" He asked you as you got settled into his arms. 

"I would love to." You said with a smile listening intently as he talked about it.

Aemond had been focused on his book and talking about it, that he didn't realize you had fallen asleep until he looked down at you and saw you fast asleep making him smile. 

"Dōna dreams, issa jorrāelagon." He said pressing a kiss to your forehead.