7. he can keep his tongue

CHAPTER SEVEN

VISERYS slept peacefully for what felt like the first time in centuries until he was shook awake, his eye opening with a grumble until he saw his niece, Daemerys looking at him with sympathy and worry

"What is it, child? Is someone dead?", he wheezed out and she rolled her eyes at his dramatics.

"No, Uncle. I need to speak with you".

"And it could not wait until morning".

"I'm afraid not", she spoke with a frown and he straightened up at that. Turning a bit more despite his pain to look at her — clasping her hand in his.

"Tell me, child. What plagues that intelligent mind of yours?".

"War is coming. I feel it, hear it, see it. The voices have been speaking to me".

Viserys knew lightly on her visions, he had begun his research into why she was gifted with such talent but could not find an answer. "What do they say?".

Daemerys thought back to what Aemond had told her, that she need to propose something and when he left she heard it —

One son must fall for the dragons to dance.

She did not like that one bit.

"Nothing good. I need to do something, anything. So I've got a proposal, your Grace".

Viserys watched her carefully, hearing her out despite his tiredness, "What is it?".

"I'll marry... Aemond. I know I'm nothing but a bastard but I just want to keep the peace. If me and Aemond marry—", she stopped to catch her breath from her rambling. "—peace will be among us".

"Is this what your truly want, my girl?", he asked sincerely. Not wanting her to make such rash decisions based on mere whispers in her head.

"I don't want anything. I have never wanted a single thing. This is my duty, so my brothers and sisters can live in peace. Vaemond wishes for the Queen's support as well as Otto's. If I marry Aemond they could not allow the cost of turning Luke down because they're my family", Daemerys looked to their conjoined hands. "The things we do for love".