16. fine art of bullshit

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

DAEMERYS clutched the necklace her mother gifted to her when they first arrived in Kings Landing, she closed her and eyes and breathed in the scent of Lavender coming from the bath she had

DAEMERYS clutched the necklace her mother gifted to her when they first arrived in Kings Landing, she closed her and eyes and breathed in the scent of Lavender coming from the bath she had. She couldn't remember the amount of times she had scrubbed at her skin, still feelings his hands on her.

Daemon and Criston hadn't left her side all day, standing outside the door of her bath room in case something were to happen — she was grateful but she felt like she couldn't breathe.

Daemerys felt thankful when Rhaenyra came in and ushered them away — Ser Cole only leaving when he heard the woman call for him to leave when her mother was growing frustrated that the man wasn't listening to her.

Rhaenyra had washed her daughters hair whilst eyeing her, her face was paler than usual, bags under her eyes stood out and her lips became chapped. Now the woman stood behind her daughter as she smoothed down her dress, face still pale, bags still heavy under her eyes and lips less chapped but she looked better — if she could even say that at a time like this.

"Have you seen Aemond?", Daemerys asked her mother who turned her head to look at her.

Rhaenyra had only guess that in the week they had been away something had changed between the two. She thought it would've taken longer but perhaps feelings were always there.

"I have", she responded, eyes in slits but not in a judging way in a more concerned way. "What plagues your mind, my sweet girl?".

Daemerys looked away from the mirror, not being able to look at the bruise on her face any longer and turned to her mother, "What if...", Rhaenyra watched as she stopped and bit her lip, hands fidgeting, "What if he doesn't want to wed me anymore because of what has happened?".

Rhaenyra frowned at that, "My brother may be many things but cruel isn't one of them, he loves you, I saw that when we arrived and he was sitting outside that door sulking like a child yet fumed with anger like a true dragon. That fire burned for you".

The woman shook her head at her mothers words, feeling stupid, "I don't feel that fire in me anymore, after what's happened. I don't feel like... me".