9. take me to the wild side

CHAPTER NINE

AEMOND had been confused

AEMOND had been confused. He didn't understand what Daemerys was talking about at dinner but it reminded him a lot of his sister and the riddles she'd utter under her breath.

The woman had been clutching his tunic since they left dinner, knuckles turning white and her eyes remained on the floor — wide as though she were in a daydream, a painful one at that.

She hadn't said anything. Not since Aemond dragged her away. Daemon had been hot on their heels after ordering the other children to their chambers. He watched the man with his daughter with a twitched eye but said nothing.

Once Aemond pushed open her chamber door, she let go of him abruptly. Daemon strolled in but Aemond remained stood by the door, arms crossed behind his back — watching the duo casually.

"Sweet girl", Daemon whispered to her as she stood in the middle of the room, watching the fire.

Wake the dragon.

The father stepped closer to stroke her wet cheek which made her flinch, finally snapping out of her dreams to look at him— his face holding no pity but concern.

"I do not know what is wrong with me", she finally said, the man's heart breaking at the sound of her broken voice. Daemon pulled her to his chest quickly and stroked her hair, her arms wrapping around his waist as she cried.

"There is nothing wrong with you, my sweet girl".

Aemond watched with a faltered gaze, not knowing what to do. He didn't get himself into situations like these, he hated tears, he hated vulnerability — but here she was. The love of his life, crying in her chambers in the arms of her father and he had no idea what to do.

Daemon looked from his daughter to Aemond in the door way and raised an eyebrow. The younger man blinked.

You want me to?... Aemond furrowed his brows, quickly moving when his Uncle rolled his eyes with a shake of his head.