Chapter One | Ruby

A/N - Hey, I bet you're surprised to see me posting something, huh? Well, I had some late-night motivation. There won't be a normal update schedule for this book, though, as I am not really using Wattpad anymore. I just wrote this first chapter and felt like I might share it. 

This is a soulmate AU, where everybody is born with a phrase/word on their wrist, and that is the first thing that your soulmate will say to you when you meet them. It will be a full book. Without further ado, enjoy the first chapter. 

.

.

.

"Ruby eyes... wow, they're so beautiful!"

Shu whipped his head around, startled and alarmed with wide eyes, glancing at the girl that had said those words. "Did you just say ruby?" 

.

.

.

"Tell me about soulmates again, mom." 

"Well, soulmates are a wonderful yet mysterious thing. See those words on your wrist?" 

A young woman gently grabbed Shu's arm, rolling up his sleeve ever so slightly. "See this? 'Ruby.' That's the first thing your soulmate will say to you." She smiled ever so slightly, reaching up to Shu's head and ruffling his albino hair. 

The boy frowned, swatting her hand away. "But mom, what if I never find her? Or what if she says 'ruby,' and I don't hear her?" 

The woman traced the letters on Shu's wrist with her finger, chuckling. "Don't worry, you'll find the love of your life one day, little one. But you're only seven. For now, just focus on growing up." 

.

.

.

She tilted her head, smiling softly. "Yeah, why? I just noticed how beautiful your red eyes were! They're such a nice shade of ruby." 

Shu narrowed them. "Wait... you couldn't even see my eyes. I wasn't facing you. How did you know they were red?" 

"Ruby!" a girl exclaimed, charging up to the group. She was going so fast that she nearly tripped. She skidded to a halt when she reached Shu. "Ruby is my best friend, and you remind me so much of her!" 

Shu sighed. "What are you two doing?" 

"RUBY!" 

Shu's left eye started twitching. Annoyance was pulsing through his veins, and he felt his heart drop. The fangirls had found out the word written on his wrist. How? He didn't know. All he knew was that there was no way he was going to find his soulmate now. 

.

.

.

"Shu~" 

The boy sighed. "What is it now?" 

"I think you're my soulmate." 

Shu shook his head. "I highly doubt that. I mean, you've never said the word written on my wrist to me." 

"Oh, uh... happy? Rambunctios? Yesterday? Hello there?" 

Shu sighed again. "That's not how it works, [Random Girl Name]. The words on your wrist are the first words your soulmate will say to you, not just a random word you say to them." 

He walked away, leaving the girl to stand there in anger. He didn't care about her, or any of the other stupid fangirls. He adjusted his sleeve. There was no way he could ever let anybody find out that the word on his wrist was Ruby.

.

.

.

Shu ran away from the girls, charging into the front door of his apartment and locking it shut. 

That should hold off the fangirls for now, he thought. But... how did they find out about my word?