Chapter Two | Sapphire

[Your Name] [Last Name] stepped off the plane, taking a deep breath. Japan. She was finally there. 

She quickly pulled out her phone and scrolled through her contacts. She quickly found the one she wanted: [Best Friend's Name]. She pressed call. 

...ring... 

...ring... 

...ring... 

"Hey! Y/N" the enthusiastic voice of B/F/N said, giggling. "Did you make it to Japan yet?" 

Y/N chuckled. "Yeah, I did. How's Lui doing? Nasty as always?" 

B/F/N scoffed. "Yeah. Project 'Get Lui To Be Nicer' still isn't a success yet." She giggled again. "We'll get him to warm up eventually. So, how's Japan?" 

Y/N smiled softly. "I just landed, B/F/N. I'm not sure." 

B/F/N clicked her tongue in annoyance. "Alright, just be sure to call me soon. Ooh, and be sure to tell me if you see Shu Kurenai. He's really hot~" 

Y/N rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Bye." 

She clicked the hang-up button, quickly putting her phone away before B/F/N could get into her fangirl mode again. She glanced down at the words on her wrist. "Stupid fangirls." She wondered if B/F/N would be with her when she found her soulmate. Y/N wasn't a fangirl, and the only one she knew was B/F/N. 

After getting through security, Y/N left the airport. She wanted to get a gift for her mother, but she wasn't sure what to get her. 

After browsing around for a while, Y/N decided on a jewelry shop. She knew how fond her mother was of necklaces. 

.

.

.

"[Father's Name], it's beautiful!" [Mother's Name] said, smiling, holding up a beautiful emerald bracelet. Its green jewel reflected the sunlight, and a big grin was visible on her face. 

F/N's grin was wider than a rainbow stretched across the sky. Y/N clapped her hands. She was three and didn't know what was happening, but she would look back on this moment years later, cherishing it. 

The moment she last saw her father. 

.

.

.

Y/N looked around. She first scanned the necklaces. There were some of every shape, size, and color. 

After scanning the shop, she found a small glass case that held two bracelets. Y/N gasped. They looked almost identical to the bracelet F/N had gotten M/N years ago, except for their gems. One was a sapphire, and the other was a ruby. 

M/N had lost the bracelet just a year prior to their move to Japan, and Y/N decided to get one of them for her mom. 

She glanced at them briefly before noticing somebody beside her. 

"Ruby or Sapphire, what do you think?" she asked the person. She heard him scoff. 

"Stupid fangirls!"