Chapter Seven: Aubrey's Vibe

When I woke up one morning, I stayed in bed for a while. I had work and I knew that I needed to get up and get ready, but my body was refusing.

It's been a few days since that day from the lake. I haven't said anything to Sage since then and he hasn't said shit to me about anything.

Going to work was the only thing I was doing now, so I didn't need to tell him when I left. He knew my schedule and didn't ask questions unless I was going somewhere on my day off.

It's as if he's keeping a track on me, making sure I was somewhere and he knew where I was at. I wasn't sure if he was making sure I was being safe or if he was just being an idiot.

But I want to think it has something to do with the accident, but something is telling me different.

After I finally got up, took a shower and got dressed, I walked downstairs to make coffee. I hopped on the counter as I was waiting and scrolled through Tik Tok to pass the time.

When I look over at the coffee pot, it was basically done so I grabbed a cup and poured me some. I added creamer before stirring it and taking a sip to see if it's where I wanted it.

I turned the coffee pot off before walking back upstairs. I sipped on my coffee as I opened the window in my bedroom and sat on the windowsill to enjoy the cool air this morning.

The birds were chirping and the sun was starting to come up.

I'm not a morning person, at all, but when you're forced to work and get up early then I have to make my body understand that this is how life goes.

It's gotten better over the year.

I'm still getting use to it.

But it's getting better and I actually enjoy watching the sun rise in the morning. I couldn't exxplain the feeling as I drink coffee and enjoy the weather.

I guess that's what it's like to get older.

When you're fresh out of high school, learning the ways of the world and starting your life as an adult, you get use to things you're not use to it and enjoy more of the things that we look over cause we're still kids.

As for me, maturing at a young age took it's toll on me and made me realize that this world is a dark and cruel place.

It's not made for the weak and you have to fight to survive everyday.

It sucks but that's life.

After my morning coffee was done, I brushed my teeth and finished getting ready. I looked at myself in the mirror before grabbing my coffee cup and walking back downstairs to the kitchen.

Sage wasn't here this morning just like almost every other morning. I wasn't sure where he was, but at the same time I didn't care.

After I was ready, I grabbed my keys before walking out of the front door. I made sure everything was locked before walking to my car and getting in, starting it up and letting it idle for a moment.

It wasn't that cold to where I needed the heater but it was getting colder every morning.

Then it would heat back up during the day.

I pulled out of the driveway after a few moments then turned the stereo up as my phone was hooked up to the Bluetooth and it automatically connects everytime I start the car.

The ride to work wasn't bad as I had the music blasting and I was ready for today.

As I pull into the parking lot, I made sure I had everything before shutting off the engine and getting out. I looked around before shutting the door and locking it then walking towards the building.