Chapter Twenty Seven: Far From Over

As Aubrey was laying next to me, I let my eyes wander around her face. I studied her features before moving a little, getting more comfortable as I continued to stare at her.

Her eyes were closed and her breathing was steady, making me completely mesmerized.

The bruise on her face made me stare at her before looking down at her lips for a moment.

I saw her body move a little and my eyes went back to hers as she turns over and stretches her arms above her head.

When her eyes open, she looks over and sees me before turning on her side and facing me. I saw her eyes look into mine before her lips softly turn upward.

"Good morning." She said.

"Morning." I said as I breathed out.

She continued to look at me for a moment. "What's on your mind?" She rubs her eyes before yawning.

"Everything."

"Like what?" She looks at me before placing her hands underneath her head.

There were so much on my mind but I wasn't sure if she was ready for me to explode with the questions. I wanted to know so much, more than what I found out cause there's a lot to unfold about everything.

"Kaden."

I shook my head. "I don't know."

"Talk to me." She reaches for me before grabbing my hand, making me look down at it before looking at her.

"Why did you kill my brother?"

That made her release my hand and pull away.

I kept staring at her, waiting for an answer so I wanted to know. I knew that Sage was planning on shooting Aubrey, but I wanted to know why she did it.

Aubrey never said anything after a few moments past and I kept looking at her, waiting for something.

"Can you tell me?"

"Did you not want me to?" She asks.

I furrow my eyebrows, not knowing that she was going to ask that. I was caught off guard and I stared at her, not saying anything.

"I.. know that you couldn't kill me."

"Cause I like you." She turns over on her back and interlocks her fingers on her stomach. "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

She looks over at me. "For being who I am."

That made my chest hurt, knowing that she couldn't help who she was.

I sighed before moving closer to her and wrapping my arm over her stomach. I leaned my head against her chest and we laid there in the silence.

Her hand started messing with my hair and I shut my eyes, enjoying the soothing and gentle feeling that she was giving me.

We stayed in that positing for a while, enjoying the silence with so much said in the middle of it.

Without getting an verbal answer, I already had the answer to why Aubrey killed Sage. I was feeling all types of feelings towards it but it was over with and I couldn't turn back time and do anything.

I don't understand the Mafia thing, even though I was underneath the nose of one.

After a moment, I heard a slight knock on the door then Miss Madison's voice. I leaned off of Aubrey as she was telling her that she would be right there, getting off the bed.

She looks at me before pulling the blanket towards me before walking out of the room.

I don't know how long Aubrey kept me here when I was completely out of it, but I haven't made contact with Miss Madison at all since I've been here.