Chapter Nine: Not a Good Feeling

"Can I stay here tonight?"

Miss Madison looks at me with a confused look before nodding and opening the front door. I walk in then turn around as she shuts the door behind her and faces me.

"What's wrong, Kaden?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to stay the night. Is that ok?"

She smiles. "Of course." She looks somewhere for a moment. "I thought you had work tonight."

"I already called in." I saw her look at me for a moment as she nods and asks if I wanted anything to drink.

"Isabella will be home soon." She said. I nodded, knowing it was almost time for the school to let out.

Izzy didn't know I was here cause my phone was off.

I followed her to the kitchen and sat at the table. I saw Miss Madison walk to the fridge and grab a water before walking back towards me.

"Thank you." I said as I grabbed it. She walks to the sink as I opened the bottle and took a sip.

After a moment, I looked around the kitchen and took everything in. I let my eyes wander around at all the different decorations that were all over the walls before looking over at Miss Madison.

The thing I like about this house was that Miss Madison had a lot of decorations around and it presented her personality, which I liked.

I wasn't that way cause I didn't like all the decorative things to point out my personality.

Music was my way of expressing everything.

It's always been that way.

I don't think my parents were that way cause we didn't have much decorations in the house when I was younger.

My mom liked a little bit of things to hang up like pictures but nothing too much. Besides the holidays and she would put everything up for the occasions.

But we never were that type.

Miss Madison definitely was and I kind of liked it.

Although she gave off a weird vibe, I didn't let it bother me that much cause everything else kind of wrapped itself around it and made me realize that she's not as weird as I thought.

After a moment of being in my thoughts, Miss Madison's phone started ringing and she walks out of the kitchen before answering it.

I sat there for a moment before taking my phone out of my pocket and staring at it. I had it off ever since Sage kept calling me earlier and I haven't turned it on again since then.

I didn't care what was coming cause right now, I was staying away from everything.

Looking around, I decided to get up and walk upstairs to figure out where I was going to sleep. I walked towards the entrance of the kitchen before stopping when I heard Miss Madison's voice.

"When? Ok.. I'll leave the door unlocked for you."

After a moment, I walked out of the kitchen in time for Miss Madison to turn around. She smiles as I stood there, trying not to make it seem like I was listening to her phone conversation when I did.

"Are you going to sleep in Isabella's room?"

Every time I stay here, I sleep in Izzy's room and make a spot on the floor. But now that Aubrey was here and her room was right next to Izzy's, I might stay in the spare room.

"I'll sleep in the spare room."

She smiles before nodding. "You know where the pillows and everything are. Just make yourself at home, Kaden."