Chapter Twenty Three: It's Coming

"Where are you going?" Miss Madison asks as she was sitting on the couch and I was walking towards the front door. I saw her sitting there but I was hoping she wouldn't say anything.

I had my bags of clothes, ready to leave.

When I looked at her, she was sitting up and looking at me with concern. I didn't want to tell her that I didn't want to be here anymore but I wasn't sure what to say at this point.

I was tired of lying.

I was tired of being lied to.

"I'm going home for a while." I said, not sure if I was even going home or not.

I wasn't sure where I was going but I needed to leave this place for a while. I had enough money to stay somewhere for a while, but I wasn't sure where.

As Miss Madison was asking me questions, I saw Aubrey walk down the stairs. She stops when she saw me and her eyes glanced at the bags in my hands but I looked away and looked back at Miss Madison.

"I don't know." I said when she asked if I was ok.

After that, I walked out.

As I was walking towards my car, I heard the door shut and heard Aubrey's voice. I placed the bags on the ground before seeing Aubrey walking towards me.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm leaving." I said as I was opening my door but Aubrey shut it.

"Why? Cause of me?"

I shook my head. "I just need to leave."

"Are you going back home? I don't want you there."

"It really doesn't matter what you want." I said then tried opening my door but Aubrey held it shut. "Let me open my door."

"No."

"Why?"

"I don't want you leaving."

Looking at her, I shook my head before looking away. I tried opening my door again but she was holding it shut to where I couldn't open it.

"I need to get away from this town. I have too many bad memories. Everyone is weird as fuck. Nobody will tell me anything about what's going on. I need to leave."

"Kaden." Aubrey looks at me before shaking her head. "Don't leave."

"And why not? I left my brother cause he was acting weird. The moment I met you, I felt this bad vibe towards you and you're starting to act weird too. I don't want to be around this anymore. I've had enough of it with my parents."

Aubrey held the door as I tried opening it again.

"Aubrey, let me leave."

"No."

"I'll hurt you."

"Then do it."

I looked at her arm before looking back at her. "Don't think I won't."

"Nothing you can do will make me remove my arm and let you leave."

"Why won't you let me leave?"

"Cause I don't want you to."

"Why?"

"Cause."

I chuckled. "Cause why?"

She kept looking at me for a moment before her eyes glanced away. I saw her strugging to say what was on her mind before her eyes found mine again.

"I don't want you to leave cause..."

I stared at her, waiting for her to continue but she just looked away and never said anything after a few moments.