Chapter Thirty Five: She's My Killer

Aubrey's POV

Four Months Later

"Three bedrooms and two bath. Perfect for a family or if you just want extra room for you and your girlfriend." The man smiles. "You've been after this house for months and I'd say it's been after you as well, Miss Martinez."

I looked around this house, knowing this was the one I've been searching for. It was big, roomy and perfect for me and Kaden.

I've been looking for a house for us and it was hard finding something cause I knew she wanted to get out of the town she's been in her whole life.

When I saw this house for sale, it was perfect and it was in another town. I was happy with this selection, so I had to come over here to look at it in person.

Kaden has no idea that I'm here and I made sure Mira told her lies if she asks where I was at. I knew she would start asking questions cause I've been leaving that town every chance I had to come look at houses.

I've been keeping this a secret for months and it was driving me crazy.

I couldn't wait to move us in here.

After everything that happened, it was time for us to start a new life. I wanted to start a family with her and live a life that I didn't have to worry about.

I wanted to be free.

Now that I'm getting that opportunity, I wanted my new life to start with Kaden.

As cliche as it sounds, she was my everything and I'm very much in love with her. I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

The concept of love was always weird for me. I never gotten it from my parents, therefore I didn't know what it meant.

Until Kaden came along.

She makes me want to be a better person everyday and I want to quit doing the things I've been doing and focus on her.

When she asked me about what I thought our future held, I wasn't sure what it was going to be like. I didn't know my future before I met her, so I couldn't give her an answer.

But now I know.

I want us to both live a life without worrying about anything.

I want to grow with her each and everyday, learning new things about her and falling more in love with her.

I knew it was only the beginning for us and I couldn't wait to start.

After paying the down payment on the house, I was handed the keys and our future. I thanked the man and called Mira shortly after, telling her to pack Kaden's things and bring her here.

I was nervous but I knew she would be excited.

This is what we both wanted for years.

A new beginning.

Since everything was behind us, it was time to start a new journey that neither of us had to worry about.

Everything was over with.

I was no longer in the Mafia.

The people who Marcus Hart owed was paid off and no longer after Kaden.

It felt good.

A relief that completely vanished from my shoulders.

After the phone call with Mira, I walked around the house and looked at everything. I was nervous about everything but I took a few deep breaths and calmed myself down.