sunning point country club

"are you not excited?"

jisoo shrugged. if it were anyone else, she would've been able to put on that smile and no one would have noticed. "I just.. I don't know. last year, she really disrupted things with her flirting and stuff."

"I don't really mind it."

"I know you don't... but it's just whenever I'm with her, I feel kind of pushed aside. Like I'm not really important enough, just her side chick."

taehyung put a hand on her shoulder. "it's your birthday, chu. don't let her take the spotlight away. I mean, look at you!"

jisoo risked a glance to him, but found herself stunned in his warm gaze. he studied her almost, his eyes dipping all across her with such a heat that jisoo's cheeks warmed. she leaned in, inhaling the familiar scent of the beach—

the car swerved and they both screamed, before jisoo brought it to a stop at the side of the road. and then they were bursting into giggles again, keeling over from relief. 

"maybe you need some more driving lessons," taehyung said. 

notes~

- heavily heavily inspired by the summer I turned pretty, people we meet on vacation, it happened one summer, etc.

- sooooo yeah, it's a summer friends-to-lovers book

- taehyung and jisoo live in on the different ends of korea, so they only ever see each other over summer break in a tbd location!

- taehyung(16) has an older brother, dohyun (18), who jisoo(almost 16) has had a crush on for years

- jisoo has an older brother jin(17) who is honestly just vibing and trying to get a boyfriend (namjoon, 17)

- taehyung and jisoo are best friends, and always have been

- taehyung has had a crush on jisoo for years, but he's always hid it because he knows she likes dohyun

- but... since they only see each other once a year, they have school best friends too! jisoo has rosè, and taehyung has jimin. (this will cause problems!!)

- rosè is super flirty, sassy and a little bit pushy at times, which causes friction with jisoo's more levelheadedness

- jimin is super innocent and not a player™ at all! he is very bookish but argumentative

- yes there is a enemies-to-lovers arc with rosè and jimin

- also, this summer they've ~changed~

- jisoo has matured and has a lot more self-confidence, and taehyung has matured, but still is super confident, and especially in flirting!

- jisoo is super bubbly and nice, and is just getting used to all of the attention on her beauty (she won a beauty pageant in the previous school year, over rosè, which is strange for their friendship dynamic)

- taehyung is a surfer dude™ and a player™, but still very nice and easygoing. he's been getting attention for his looks for years, so he's very direct with flirting and complimenting beauty (especially jisoo!)

- because of his flirty nature, jisoo always thinks he's joking when he proclaims his love for her. which he really isn't. which really hurts taehyung. which really confuses jisoo. and then it starts the whole cycle again!

- they both start working at a country club (hence the title) with their brothers. because of their age, they move up in positions throughout the months!

- in June, they're lifeguards! in July, they're chefs! in August, they start working at the desk and wearing a lot of suits!! (yes, there is a metaphor in here for sure)

- as country clubs often do, there's a lot of various parties and stuff they help out with! so, there should be at least one random classical dance scene, before taehyung changes the music and there's a dance break!

- but of course, the main conflict is the love triangle! 

- or honestly more like a line, because dohyun really definitely considers jisoo to be like a little sister for the most part. 

- July 4th is super pivotal... but I don't want to explain it here so pm meeeee 

- at the end, it should be super sentimental, holding hands and kissing right before they both leave!

main pairing: taehyung x jisoo

genre: teen romance 

status: available!