Demodogs (Part 13)

Steve stud up and thought for a second before grabbing his bat. "Steve? Steve, what are you doing? Steve?" Dustin asked in a worried tone.

Steve turned around and threw Dustin his lighter and then said "Just get ready"

He walked toward the door of the bus, and I then realized what was happening.

"Steve, you fucking idiot. Don't you dare" I said warningly, concern etched in my voice. He just threw me a wink before creaking the door open and walking outside slowly.

Dustin quickly closed the door while I ran to the window to watch him. I was so close to the window my breath made it foggy. He spun his bat in his hand and walked forward very slowly.

He then whistled and said "come on buddy" to Dart

Max quickly climbed back down the ladder and stood next to me "what is he doing?!" She asked

"Expanding the menu" Dustin stated keeping his eyes on Steve.

Steve was now standing in the very middle of the junkyard saying "Come on buddy, dinner time. Human tastes better than the cat I promise" He looked serious, but I could tell there was fear in his voice.

"He's insane," Max said in disbelief

"He's awesome," Dustin said smiling

"he's an idiot," I said rolling my eyes

I few more seconds went by, and I could now see dart crawling out of the fog. Steve swung his bat from side to side getting ready to fight when all of a sudden, I heard Lucas yell "STEVE WATCH OUT"

"I'm a little busy here!" He yelled back keeping his eyes on dart

"Three o'clock, three o'clock!" Lucas yelled. Steve quickly turned around to see multiple demo dogs were surrounding him.

"Oh shit...STEVE!" Dustin yelled while running to the door of the bus and opening it. "Steve! ABORT ABORT!" Dustin yelled to him. "He's not going to make it..." Max whispered to herself.

Without thinking I grabbed a long rusty spike that was in the corner of the bus. We had put it there earlier in case Dart had gotten in. I ran out the door of the bus so fast that the cold air stung my face.

"Y/n. what. are. you. doing?!?!?" Steve yelled at me as I reached his side. "Helping you, dumbass," I said right before one of the demo dogs charged at him. I pushed his out of the way and shoved the spike down the thing's throat. It let out a screech before going limp. I turned around and Steve had just hit one of the things with his bat.

"GUYS RUN"

"HURRY"

The kids were yelling at us from the bus. So, we started booking it back to the bus. Steve was in front of me while I was behind. I jumped in the bus, and I was almost there when I felt an excruciating pain in my left leg. I let out a scream as I fell to the ground and dropped the spike. One of the dogs started to drag me away from the bus.

"SHIT SHIT SHIT, HELP" I yelled as I tried to grab the metal spike, I had dropped but it was too late. I reached my hands down to my leg and started punching the thing and pulling its mouth away from my leg.

~steve pov~ (changing it up a bit😉)

I was in the bus when I heard y/n scream. I quickly turned around and saw her getting dragged back by the demo dog. "Y/N!" I yelled before jumping back out of the bus and running toward her with my bat. I swung as hard as I could down onto the dog's back, and it let out a screech before turning to me. I swung my bat at its head and some of its blood splattered on the ground. It whimpered and ran away. I grabbed y/n's shaking body and ran back to the bus with demo dogs still on my tail.