The Lab(Part 15)

The group jogged until we reached a hill that overlooked the forest. The screeching continued but we didn't see anything. The group shinned their flashlights over the hill into the forest looking for Dart.

I stretched my neck so I could look around Steve's head and saw the Hawkins Lab in the distance with the power off. 

*that's weird* I thought but didn't say anything. The Hawkins lab had always been a mysterious place and ever since I found out that the girl Dustin meet had been held there it had creeped me out even more.

"I don't see him" Dustin muttered while looking over the dark forest ahead of them. Lucas seemed to have noticed the Lab and said, "That's the lab, they were going back home" He stated. I thought for a second and then remembered the gate that Dustin had told me about, and how there had been one in the lab.

Without really speaking to each other we once again started running, but this time to the lab. We ran until we reached the end of the woods and pushed our way through the bushes. While we were making our way through the brush, I heard someone yell out to us.

"Hello?! Who's there?!" The guy yelled. I then recognized the voice as Jonathan's.

"Jonathan!!" I yelled and pushed myself off Steve's back. My leg throbbed painfully as I pushed through the bush and limped out of the woods. Then my eyes meet with Nancy.

Jonathan was next to her, and the rest of the group had walked out of the bushes.

"Steve?" Nancy said at the same time Jonathan said "Y/n?"

"Nancy?" Steve said confused.

Jonathan ran to me and hugged me. I was so thankful to see him again after what had happened, and I squeezed him as he hugged me. " What the fuck happened?" He asked 

We all walked over to the car and I sat on the front of the car with Jonathan explaining what happened with the Demodogs and dart While everyone else argued about where Will and Mike were because apparently, they had been missing for a couple of hours. Then all of the sudden I heard Nancy say "Guys, the powers back".

We all stopped and looked at the building to see the bright light shining through the windows. Jonathan jumped up leaving me on the car and ran to the booth that controlled the gates into the lab. 

He pressed the button multiple times, but nothing happened. After a couple of seconds, Dustin walked into the booth with Jonathan and said "Let me try"

"Hang on-" Jonathan started but Dustin pushed him away and said, "Let me try Jonathan!"

Dustin pushed it multiple times and it still didn't work. I rolled my eyes and looked at Jonathan that was already looking at me and chuckling.

(Bro I love Y/n's and Jonathan's relationship) 

Dustin stopped and looked up at the gates for a second and then said "Son of a bitch... You know what?" And started hitting the buttons again. Then all of the sudden the gates opened, and Dustin laughed and said "Hey! I got it"

Just then we heard screaming coming from the lab. "SHIT" I cursed before jumping off the hood of Jonathan's car as him and Nancy climbed in to drive up to the lab. I leaned against the booth as they speed off up the hill to the lab.

Before we knew it Jonathan and another car were speeding back down the hill honking at us. Jonathan's car drove past us and the other car that was the chief of the police stopped in front of us. "Let's go!" Jim Hopper yelled at us. And before I had time to think Steve had grabbed my hand and pulled me into the car. 

"Go! go! go!" He yelled at the kids as they climbed in. Then we were off speeding down the road.

It was kind of crammed in the car with Hopper driving the car, Steve and I in the front passenger seat, and all the kids in the back. But everyone was too shocked and/or scared to complain.

We drove until we pulled into....

Joyce Byer's driveway?