Lullaby in Frogland (Part One)

You were practically fugitives. You'd snuck onto the boat without paying the toll. But you didn't care. You were oh so close to getting to Adelaide's. It seemed as though you weren't the only one who was excited to finally return home, as when Greg began to sing his 'Adelaide Parade' song, Wirt joined in! As you watched the tall boy sing and dance around with his brother, you noticed his eyes were shimmering just like the first day you met him, under the fluorescent classroom lights. You had gotten so caught up in your observation, and when Wirt grabbed you and started to dance with you, it had caught you completely off guard.
"To Adelaide, to Adelaide...!"
Wirt and Greg smiled. Surprisingly, Wirt was quite the dancer, despite normally being very clumsy. As the song began to end, you joined in to sing the last line.
"We're going to Adelaide's house today!"
Wirt pulled you down as if you had reached the end of ring-around-the-rosey, and without a moment's hesitation, pulled you into a giant hug. The feeling of Wirt's arms around you made your stomach erupt with butterflies, and although his singing was off key, and the thought of Sarah was still etched into your mind, you couldn't help but wonder if Wirt's feelings were the same.
However, you didn't have much time to ponder, as Greg had somehow caught the attention of two security frogs onboard the boat.
"Run!" Greg exclaimed, grabbing George Washington (the newest name for his frog), and making a beeline to the bow of the ship. You, Wirt, and Beatrice quickly ran after the boy, as none of you were looking to go to frog jail that day.
At last, the four of you had reached a small closet, which was full of band gear.
"Here, (y/n). Put this on over you. I'm sure those frogs will find our hiding place soon, we need to be in disguise."
"Good plan!" You agreed. Quickly and quietly, you and Wirt placed the jacket he had in his hands over you, and put George Washington on Wirt's head.
A few seconds later, the security frogs opened the door to the closet.
"Excuse me gentlemen! I must be going now to join the band!"
As the four of you walked away, you felt my arm continually brush against Wirt's. You loved how warm he was, he was like a human furnace. However, because of your comfort in the arm to arm contact, you didn't happen to notice that you had been pushed onto the stage of the boat!