Songs of the Dark Lantern (part one)

A/N: I decided to switch this story up a little bit and make this part entirely in Wirt's POV!! I'm sorry if you don't really like it, but I just got sort of bored making the Wirt bits quite short. Also I am really sorry that this is so short and it took so long to come out, ive been really busy! One more quick thing for all you Potterheads, I'm making a Draco x reader story! Please check it out if you're hopelessly in love with him like I am 🥺. Love to you all and treat people with kindness,
                                ~Lane
☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎
Wirt POV
(Y/n), Greg, Beatrice, and I were so tired from walking that we had decided to sleep in a wagon full of hay. We all thought that was a wonderful idea- that is until the wagon began to drive at full speed. (Y/n) woke up with an alarmed expression on her face.
"What's going on?" She asked, her delicate voice shaking as she talked.
"The wagon driver came back and is driving us all bonkers, literally and figuratively," I replied, with a rather calm tone for the situation that we were in.
"Hey, what's that guy saying?" Greg asked, with the curiosity that most five year olds posses.
"Hmm..." (y/n) whispered, as she quickly poked her head out of the haystack.
When she stuck her head back in, she looked rather... startled and uncomfortable.
"Wirt, can you come here for a second," (y/n) asked me, her voice trembling ever so slightly. I crawled across the wagon to where she was sitting, leaving Beatrice and Greg to talk.
"Wirt, That guy was yelling that the beast is upon him... remember what the woodsman said about the beast?" (Y/n) told me.
"Oh, well you should calm down," I encouraged, patting her back gently. "I won't let anything bad happen to any of us, (y/n). I promise,"
I could feel her aura calm down immediately after I said that.
"Hey (y/n), Wirt, look!" I heard from behind me.
"I found this duck! Do you know how to make eggs from a duck?" Greg asked me. (Y/n) giggled and I shrugged one of my shoulders.
Suddenly, the man driving the wagon made an extremely sharp turn, sending me, Greg, (y/n), and Beatrice flying. I quickly ran over to Greg.
"Ain't that just the way," Greg said, as he stumbled back to his feet.
"Why don't we ask for directions to Adelaide's in that creepy tavern over there?" Beatrice asks. I turn around and my eyes go wide. In front of the four of us stood a tavern, being illuminated by the lightning. The tavern could be described in many ways, and welcoming was not one of them.
"But... it's creepy," I protested, mich to Greg and (y/n)'s dismay.
"Alright then, I guess you can stay out here," Beatrice sang, flying towards the tavern doors.
"Wait! I don't want to stay out here by myself!" I exclaimed. (Y/n) walked over to me and grabbed my wrist, swiftly dragging me to the door of the tavern.
I attempted to push open the door, but for some reason, it wouldn't budge. (Y/n) noticed my struggling and came over to help me. When we finally managed to open the door, we were faced with at least twenty odd looking people.