The Old Grist Mill (Part one)

A/n: I have gotten so much love on this story. It's so crazy and I am super glad that you all like it! Each episode will be split into two parts, except for The Unknown, so enjoy the first one!
~Lane
*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
(Y/n) POV
"Ugh," You let out as you rubbed your throbbing head. You could feel leaves in your hair, so you began to pick them out.
"Here, let me help you," a voice from behind you offered. You let out a little scream but calmed down when you realized that it was just Wirt. You noticed Greg standing off in the distance.
"What are you doing, Greg?" You asked.
"Oh, I'm thinking of a name for my frog!" Greg announced with a big smile. You could practically feel Wirt roll his eyes from behind you, so you punched his knee.
Once all of the sappy golden leaves were removed from your hair, you three began walking.
"Wait- where are we?" Wirt said after a few minutes.
"In the woods," Greg offered. You stifled a laugh. Wirt glared at you.
"But what Are we doing out here?" He asked again.
"We're walking home,"
"No, Greg. Guys I think we might be lost." Wirt said. He started freaking out. You walked over to him and rubbed circles on his back, trying your best to calm him down. All of a sudden, you and Greg heard a loud bang.
"What was that?" You asked.
"Let's Go See!" Greg exclaimed. He started running towards the sound, so you had no choice but to follow the sweet little five year old.
"Do you think it's some guy with an axe waiting outside for victims?" Wirt contemplated. You elbowed him in the rib cage as you didn't want Wirt to scare Greg.
You three hid behind a tree and carefully peeked out. You saw a man with an axe chopping a tree that looked really scary.
"We should ask him for help!" Greg whispered.
"No, we should not ask him for help," Wirt whisper-yelled.
"Wirt's right Greg. We don't know what his intentions are." You told the boy.
"Hey, maybe I could help you?" You Heard- from behind you. There on a tree branch stood a TALKING BIRD. You fell over and Wirt caught you. He started rambling.
"What in the world is going on?!"
"Well (y/n) fell, and you're slapping yourself, and I'm answering your question so-" Greg started to say.
"No Greg! A bird's brain isn't big enough for speech!" Wirt interrupted.
"Hey, what was that?!" The bird said, clearly offended.
"I'm just saying... you're weird," Wirt managed to get out. You were still completely dumbfounded by this mysterious bird, so you didn't even tell him off for being rude.
"What are you doing here, explain yourselves?!" A gruff male voice inquired from behind you.
"C-calm down mister, whatever you do here is your business." Wirt told the man, trying his best to remain absolutely calm.
"These woods Are no Place for children! Don't you know the beast is afoot here?!" The man yelled.
"The beast? We don't know anything about that. We're just three lost kids walking home," you told the man, with far more confidence than Wirt.
"Well, welcome to the unknown. You're more lost than you realize." The woodsman said. Wirt looked petrified, so you gave him a hug to calm his anxiety down. You decided that you had no choice but to trust the woodsman. You grabbed grabbed Greg's hand in one of yours, and Wirt's in the other, and followed the woodsman. You weren't quite sure why, but you felt very safe holding wirt's hand.